chapter 95

When I opened my eyes again, what I saw was a very ornate ceiling.

‘Where is this place?’

I blinked blankly when I heard a familiar voice next to me.

“Have you regained your consciousness?”

When I turned my head, I saw Kyle’s face. He had a strangely worried expression, unlike his usual expressionless look.

[The God of Destruction, Ciel, welcomes you.]

[The God of Benevolence, Oman, examines your body.]

[The God of Knowledge, Hessed, is terrified that something happened to you.]

“I received a word from Marquis Lloyd. It seems like a lot has happened.”

I nodded my head at Kyle’s words.

After a moment of hesitation, not knowing where to begin, Kyle quietly spoke up.

“A new saintess appeared, and the former saintess fell into the demon’s evil power and tried to kill the new saintess yet she ran away. High Priest Reihausd has been captured and is undergoing purification. That’s what they say.”

[The God of Art, Mond, is angry.]

I raised my hand and touched my forehead.

“Yes. That’s right. The situation was progressing more urgently than I thought, so I was unable to tell Sir Reihausd. Even Daisy, my close aide.”

“It can’t be helped. If you had contact with Reihausd, they might have noticed.”

Should I consider myself lucky that I didn’t die?

“I heard that Reihausd was imprisoned and Chief Priest Heinz was acting as the high priest.”

[The God of Art, Mond, is even angrier.]

“…That damn old man.”

[The God of Art, Mond, strongly agrees with you.]

I hadn’t had a proper conversation with the Chief Priest, but from what I’ve experienced, he was a person with a bad spirit.

“Still, everything went according to plan.”

I sighed and said.

So, all of this was in the plan.

With the help of Heinz, the Temple of Elium was taken over by Camilla surprisingly quickly, so it was almost certain that I would be caught if I left the temple through the usual passage.

That’s why I used the secret passage of the temple that Cass had told me about. The road that the former saintess, who was said to be his birth mother, often used, had an underpass all the way to the outskirts of the capital.

And as expected, after leaving the temple, the oracle returned again. It wasn’t that the Gods had left, it was that the propagation of the oracle was being hindered.

“I won’t let her go.”

As I gritted my teeth, the corners of Kyle’s lips lifted a little.