Chapter 157 - Side Story 11

Shane’s words reminded me of what happened at the shop.

I pushed him away in a mysterious atmosphere.

“Well, I have no idea.”

I sipped my tea, pretending not to notice.

“There’s no way he’s courting me, so he might have been rejected by another woman.”

I somehow felt refreshed inside by kicking him out and being in a low pressure area.

“I see… But do you know why knights don’t come into your shop?”

While I was drinking tea, I heard Shane’s voice.

“Yes?”

When I looked up, I saw Shane smiling.

Even though it was a holy stone shop that was opened publicly by a saintess, there weren’t many customers. Occasionally, one or two knights will come and buy it on a wholesale basis.

“His Highness the Crown Prince ordered that each knight corps designate one person who can go to the Saintess’ shop. There was also an order that the collecting knights should be as old and ugly as possible.”

”…Pardon?”

My eyes widened as I heard it for the first time.

“He even ordered the nobles. He said that they couldn’t overwork the Saintess who is responsible for the safety of the Empire. So officially, only the knights who collect the demand for holy stones are allowed to enter the Saintess’ store. Except for your acquaintances.”

“Ah…”

I later found out the secret of why there were no customers in my shop.

“Why did Your Highness do such a thing…”

Thanks to this, we were able to make a good profit because we had a large number of orders per time without having to deal with many customers.

I was looking at Shane for a while with a puzzled expression, and then he opened his mouth as if he was thinking deeply.

“Saintess, I’ll tell you the truth.”

Shane lowered his voice as if she was about to say something important. I listened to him.

***

The night breeze brushed against his skin. In the lone training ground, Kyle broke a wooden doll into pieces.

The dreary sword energy disappeared into the scabbard, and Kyle looked at the stars in the night sky.

Are there stars in Salerium?

He often thought of his mother.