chapter 78

Then I heard a man’s voice from behind the Spider Queen.

“Long time no see.”

His face was revealed with the sound of footsteps.

A man who must have come from beyond the gate.

He brushed his silver hair back lightly and his purple eyes glowed.

Known as the heir of the Demon King of the Demon Realm, is one of the Demon Princes.

Diego Vester.

And he was the man I ‘used’ to bring down the Empress some time ago.

Diego was looking at me with dry eyes.

I took one more step back.

“…The gate, perhaps you opened it?”

Despite my wary words, he stared at me indifferently without any reaction.

“Nope. My father did.”

“Do you know the terrible chaos this gate has brought about?”

To my words, Diego replied with a puzzled look.

“What answer are you expecting? Should I be interested in humans dying?”

There wasn’t the slightest hint of remorse on his face.

In a way, Diego was right.

He was the heir to the lofty Demon Realm, who didn’t regard humans as much as they did when they had claws, so human lives couldn’t be more important.

“I’m talking about my mental confusion. Do you enjoy tearing down someone else’s hard work?”

Still, I had the right to complain.

“I’m fully reflecting on myself for using you. But revenge brings another revenge, so that’s enough. It’s tough enough.”

At my words, Diego stared at me. As if he was interested.

“I think you’re mistaken, but as I said earlier, the gate was opened by my father.”

He went on.

“Queen Arachne is Father’s henchman. It has nothing to do with me.”

Diego’s gaze was on the stopped spider’s paw.

Although he’s a character (?) that doesn’t appear directly in the original story, I knew from reading the book that Diego’s father was the Demon King, Leto.

Because when Ariel in the original story made a contract with Diego to harm Camilla, there was a part where she asked, “Are you the demon king Leto?” Also, that monster is Queen Arachne, the servant of Demon King Leto.

However, Diego was thoroughly drawing a line between himself and the gate business.

Aren’t all demons on the same side?

“…”

After all, I met him on a single wooden bridge and I couldn’t help but ask the main point.