chapter 130

After a moment of hesitation, I opened my mouth.

“…I apologize, Your Imperial Majesty.”

[The God of Destruction, Ciel, bites Hessed’s defenseless finger.]

[The God of Knowledge, Hessed, promises to send Ciel to a dog training center.]

The Emperor’s eyebrows twitched.

“I heard that the Saintess once fell in love with Kyle. Rumors of it spread all over the social circles of the Empire.”

“But everything is in the past. Right now, I don’t have feelings for the Crown Prince. Neither do His Highness the Crown Prince.”

At my words, the Emperor’s complexion hardened.

After a while, he opened his mouth in a cold voice.

“The existence of a saintess brings stability and peace to the people of the Empire. In that respect, the Imperial Family always respects the temple and the Saintess.”

The influence of the temple was strong in Illide, where most of the empire’s people believed in the Gods.

“Especially Ariel, you’re different from the saintesses of the past. You should know it yourself.”

The Emperor’s eyes shone sharply.

It was easy to guess the real reason the Emperor wanted me to marry Kyle.

They seem to go well together, let’s strengthen the harmony between the temple and the Imperial Family… No matter how good the story is, the original meaning lies a little deeper.

“Who is my existence becoming in the Imperial power?”

At my question, the Emperor wiggled his eyebrows.

[The God of Benevolence, Oman, dethrones the reckless Emperor who threatens his life saver and invites you to ascend the throne.]

The Emperor’s concerns weren’t entirely meaningless. When I went to the festival, everywhere I went, there was only my story. Most praised me, and there were many who worshiped me.

The Saintess who saved the empire by blocking the Demon Realm gate in Ares, this time revealed the identity of the demon who tried to act as a saintess and defeated her.

In addition, when the news that the deity of a god involved in the Demon Realm had been stripped spread, there were even people who deified me.

And maybe… from the position of the Imperial Family, it was something to be wary of.

‘The Saintess who was the passageway between Gods and the people, becomes the hero and god of the Empire. She’s praised as a more powerful hero than the Emperor or Crown Prince?’

“I hope to always maintain an amicable relationship with the temple.”

In the eyes of the Emperor, I could fully read what he meant.

[The God of Benevolence, Oman, urges you to set an example by usurping the throne and taking his son as a concubine.]

[The God of Justice, Hetuse, doubts whether the anger of Oman is mixed with selfishness.]