Chapter 166 - Side Story 20

The robed magicians following Diego’s eyes were shining as if they thought that their power should somehow take over me.

Others pointed their fingers at Diego, thinking they had one more rival.

“You’re a magician, aren’t you.”

“So what.”

Originally, the temple and the magicians didn’t get along that well.

Even if he was hiding that he was the Demon King, I couldn’t understand why he came here.

Diego stood and lifted his sharp chin, opening his mouth.

“No one would deny that magicians played a significant role in the Empire’s development.”

The crowd that had been chattering at Diego’s remarks quieted down for a moment. He was right, because magicians were also scientists. However, one person’s protest was heard again.

“But magicians don’t believe in the Gods!”

“Although there is a high percentage of magicians who don’t believe in the Gods, one doesn’t have to believe in the Gods to be able to marry the Saintess.”

“What is that…!”

“The Saintess is no longer an ordinary saintess. The person who stands closest to the Saintess wins the public’s favor. Isn’t that why so many people are wide-eyed?”

A few people raised their voices at Diego’s blunt words, yet there was nothing wrong with what he said.

“Magicians are qualified too.”

“We recommend Baron Diego Vester as the Saintess’ husband.”

The robed magicians standing behind Diego could be heard shouting.

“Give Baron Vester and the magicians a chance too!”

And Diego looked at me with an intense gaze and pursed his lips. The low voice was filled with sincerity.

“I, Diego Vester, ask the Saintess to marry me.”

Haa… So, that means there are four candidates for my husband.

I looked at the four people one after another.

Four men stand out with a fierce light and stand with a strong force as if they’re keeping each other in check…

Everyone is incredibly cool and handsome… Even if there were a four-member idol group in Korea, no one would be able to match them in terms of looks.

Moreover, their qualifications are that of a crown prince, a high priest, a second-generation conglomerate, and a demon king.

‘Crazy, it’s crazy.’

However, this situation of being forced to make a choice wasn’t very pleasant.

But still, in a situation where the people of the Empire unanimously wanted something, it was no longer difficult to refuse unconditionally.

‘What on earth should I do…?’

[The God of Knowledge, Hessed, blesses you.]

It was a moment when my complicated mind became a little clearer.

Suddenly, a way to get through this situation occurred to me.

After a while, I opened my mouth.

“I… have decided.”

Everyone’s eyes turned to me.