Chapter Six: Troubling Ex

Cristiano sighed sitting on the balcony as it continued to rain down on him. It had been two days since Lilliana looked at him and it was hurting him more than he cared to admit.

Hearing the door open, Cristiano looked up watching Lilliana walk out in one of his hoodies with a towel in her hand.

"Can you please come in? I don't want the father of my baby dying from pneumonia"Lilliana said making Cristiano nod and get up as he walked inside wile Lilliana wrapped a towel around him and sat him on the couch.

Lilliana stood in front of Cristiano with her arms folded over her chest while she looked down at him.

"I'm willing to forgive you. . . I won't forget or stop you from seeing the child if it is yours but I still want to marry you and have our baby with you"Lilliana said making Cristiano sigh in relief as he dove forward and kissed her stomach before getting to his feet and kissing her.

"I love you Lil and I promise that baby is not mine. I'll prove it"Cristiano said knowing he was going to find Alexandra and get a paternity test on the baby straight away; he knew they could be done before the baby's born.

"I love you too"Lilliana smiled as Cristiano slipped the engagement ring back on her finger while she kissed him softly knowing she had been stupid to get mad at him when he was probably telling the truth.

***

"Alexandra"Cristiano called as he spotted the blonde walking into the hospital lounge; he was glad his manager, Jorge Mendez, had been able to get in contact.

"Finally come around?"Alexandra smirked before she noticed the blonde next to him making her frown wondering why she wasn't gone yet.

"No actually, I'm here for a paternity test. I've had my test done now it's your baby's turn"Cristiano said as a nurse came to meet the blonde.

"Our baby"Alexandra said making Cristiano chuckle and shake his head as he kissed his fiancée's lips while smiling.

Lilliana took a deep breath as a heavily pregnant woman was wheeled passed them while she screamed in pain and Lilliana could only guess that she was in labour.

Cristiano chuckled and looked at his fiancée who had paled and wrapped his arm around her shoulder in comfort.

"It'll be okay nena"Cristiano whispered as he kissed her softly making Lilliana nod as she cuddled further into him.

"It's just a little frightening"Lilliana murmured. She could still hear the woman and she was dreading the day when that would be her.

Cristiano nodded and smiled at his fiancée as he kissed her again. He knew when the time came for their baby to be born they'd both be frightened and wouldn't know what to do but they'd get through it.

"Mr. Ronaldo?"A nurse asked making him look up at her and stand up.

"We're finished if you'd like to join us"She said making Cristiano nod as he took Lilliana's hand and they walked into the room.

Cristiano sighed as he looked at Alexandra who was no longer wearing make up and had her hair pulled back while she wore a hospital gown. It was only then he and Lilliana noticed they were in a delivery room.

Lilliana stared at the brunette as she groaned in pain every once in a while before screaming that her baby was coming.

"The results of the test say that you are not the father of the baby"The nurse said making Cristiano sigh in relief as he turned to look at his fiancée who had passed out on the floor.

***

Lilliana groaned as she woke up and opened her eyes adjusting to the light before she looked around a room that seemed to be a hospital room.

"Hello sleeping beauty"Cristiano teased making her look over and smile at the sight of her fiancé who moved closer and took her hand.

"What happened?"Lilliana asked making Cristiano smile as he kissed her lips.

"We were in Alexandra's delivery room and when the doctor lifted the blanket to check her you caught a glance of down there and passed out"Cristiano explained making his fiancée laugh softly as she looked at him.

"I'm sorry for not believing you"Lilliana said softly as she rested her hand on Cristiano's shoulder with a small smile on her face.

"Hey it's fine. All I care about is you and our baby being okay"Cristiano said as he rested his hand on Lilliana's stomach which had started to grow and she now held a little bump which Cristiano couldn't be happier about.

Cristiano couldn't wait to watch her stomach grow with their baby and he knew that time would fly up to the birth and he couldn't wait.

***

"You feeling okay?"Cristiano asked as he sat next to Lilliana on the bed and kissed her softly.

"I'm okay"Lilliana said as she kissed Cristiano again and looked down at her stomach. She couldn't believe she that she is eleven weeks pregnant and she adored the bump that was beginning to form.

"You didn't actually cancel the wedding, did you?"Lilliana asked making Cristiano shake his head as she kissed him softly.

"We're set to be married on the 4th of July"Cristiano said making Lilliana smile and nod as she kissed him again before reaching for a bridal magazine she had picked up while shopping earlier that day.

When she reached forward, Lilliana's top had rolled up allowing Cristiano to see the bump where his baby was right now.

Cristiano lay on his side looking at the bump while Lilliana ran her fingers through his hair and read through the magazine.

Cristiano couldn't wait for the baby to get here and he knew once the couple returned to Madrid married and five months pregnant, the press are going to have a field day when they catch a glimpse of the couple and Cristiano would stop at nothing to protect Lilliana and their unborn child.