Chapter Nineteen: Mother Dearest

Cristiano sighed in relief when he returned home from training. It had been a long day and he couldn't wait to relax with his wife and daughter.

"Hola,"Cristiano said as he flopped on the couch beside his wife who laughed softly and kissed his lips knowing he was probably tired after training.

"How was she today?"Cristiano asked as he forced his eyes to stay open while he looked at his daughter.

"She was the best as usual,"Lilliana smiled as she kissed the top of her daughters head and handed her to her father while Lilliana moved to make herself a cup of tea as she made Cristiano a coffee knowing he needed something to stay awake.

Lilliana groaned as the doorbell rang making her leave the kitchen and walk into the hall towards the front door.

Lilliana almost cried at the sight of the person on the other side and she hoped Cristiano had fallen asleep yet.

"Cris,"Lilliana yelled before she heard Cristiano set their daughter in her rocker before he walked into the hall with her.

"What are you doing here?"Cristiano spat as he held his wife close knowing Jackie wouldn't be here long before he threw her out.

"I told you, my daughter should've never married you,"Jackie said as Pedro appeared behind her with a smirk on his face as he watched his daughter.

"Y- you were on her side?"Lilliana stammered not believing that her father could do that to her.

"I was. . . You hardly think I'd take your side over your Madre's,"Pedro chuckled as Cristiano tightened his grip on his wife and moved to close the door knowing Lilliana had heard enough.

Jackie quickly stuck her foot in the door and stopped it from closing while Cristiano pushed Lilliana away from the door not wanting them to say anymore to her.

"Get out before I call the police,"Cristiano said making the two chuckle and look up at him.

"And accuse us of what?"Jackie teased as she peered around the footballer to see where her daughter had gone.

"Trespassing,"Cristiano spat as he blocked her view of his home and pushed the two back off the step.

"I don't know how you two got in here but all I can say is I'm glad I have a security team,"Cristiano said with a smile on his lips as two members from the security team took Lilliana's parents away.

"I want guards at every entrance to the property and I want you to make sure they never come near my house again,"Cristiano said making his head security guard nod before he moved away and followed after the two that had taken Pedro and Jackie.

Cristiano backed up and closed the door and locked it before he walked into the living room to his wife and daughter.

Cristiano was gone past the point of angry. He hated that her parents had shown up at the door and he couldn't believe a mother could be so evil to her only daughter.

"They won't be coming around anymore,"Cristiano said as he sat next to his wife before looking around and noticed that loads of picture frames had been smashed.

"I hate them,"Lilliana said making her husband nod as he rubbed her back while kissing the top of her head softly. He hated to see his wife so upset because of her parents.

"We can't ever do that to Hope. No matter how much we dislike her boyfriend. . . we can't be like that to her. We can't lose our little girl,"Cristiano whispered making his wife nod as she looked at her daughter with a small smile.

"I love you two,"Cristiano whispered as he moved to take his daughter from her rocker where she was happily looking up at her parents while she swung back and forth.

"We love you too,"Lilliana whispered as she cuddled with her husband and daughter. Just having Cristiano around makes Lilliana feel a lot better as if she's not alone.

Cristiano makes Lilliana feel safe and protected and she hates when he has to go on defensive mode but she knew Cristiano would do anything to make his wife feel safe.