Chapter Twenty- One: Christmas Shopping

Lilliana grinned as she set Hope in her stroller making sure the little girl was comfortable and warm as Cristiano locked up the car and came around to his wife and daughter.

"Ready?" Cristiano asked making his wife nod as he took the handles of the stroller while Lilliana fixed her bag before they started walking into the shopping centre.

"Where to first?" Lilliana asked as she brushed some hair from her face and looked up at her husband as they escaped the bitter cold of the winter in Madrid.

"The sports shop, we can get Rodrigo's and Dinis', then head to the make up place that you like and get Alicia's," Cristiano said making his wife laugh as they kept walking.

"It's called Mac," Lilliana laughed making her husband roll his eyes as he looked down at her knowing he didn't know the first thing about make up.

"Fine. We can go to the sports shop and then we can go to Mac," Cristiano said making his wife purse her lips and look up at him trying not to laugh at the footballer who already looked fed up.

"I promise, we'll just get the presents done and then we can go home and relax on the couch. I'll even make you your favourite hot chocolate," Lilliana said making Cristiano sigh and smile lightly.

"Okay," The footballer said as he kissed his wife softly before they moved to start their shopping trip so they could end it quickly.

***

Cristiano cooed at his daughter as he set her in the back of the car and started making sure his daughter was safe in the seat holder before he closed the door and went to help his wife.

Cristiano walked to the boot of the car and started loading in the bags with his wife who shivered and looked around as she stood up straight making Cristiano look at her as he stood up after loading the last bag.

"Lil?" Cristiano asked wondering why he was looking around so worriedly. Everything seemed fine and there was barely anyone around even though the parking lot it full.

"There's someone watching us," Lilliana whispered as she continued to look around. Cristiano copied her actions and frowned spotting her parents across the lot.

"Lil, get into the car," Cristiano instructed as he closed the boot and pushed his wife over to her side of the car and kept an eye on the in laws from hell.

Cristiano watched as they walked closer while he moved over to them wanting them to stay well away from him and his family; they had already caused enough trouble.

"I told you to stay away," Cristiano hissed as he stopped in front of the older couple. He was taller than them and very much enjoyed looking down on them.

"She's our daughter," Pedro said making Cristiano shake his head as he leaned closer to their faces wanting them to get the message that they're not welcome in the family.

"Lilliana Ronaldo, is your nothing," Cristiano said with a smirk as he stood up and walked back to the car where her sat in and started driving back to the house.

"What did they say?" Lilliana asked making Cristiano look at her with a smile as he rested his hand on her thigh and rubbed it with the pad of his thumb.

"They wanted to see their daughter and I told them you weren't belonged to them. If they try anything again, I'm getting a restraining order," Cristiano vowed making Lilliana smile softly knowing she and her daughter would be safe as long as Cristiano is around.

***

"As promised," Lilliana mused as she set Cristiano's hot chocolate on the table next to him while he sat on the couch with Hope on his chest and the two of them were covered by a blanket as the fire blared.

"Gracias amor," Cristiano smiled as he lifted the blanket allowing Lilliana to slip under and lay her head on his shoulder while smiling at him and sipping on her drink.

"What are we watching?" Lilliana asked as she looked at the black and white movie playing on the TV. It was only starting but Cristiano seems very concentrated on it.

"It's A Wonderful Life, it seems like a good movie," Cristiano said as he checked on Hope who was happily sleeping on her fathers chest while drooling all over his shirt.

"Whatever you say," Lilliana murmured as she got comfy and concentrated on the screen as they started watching the movie in peace as Hope slept.

The movie was going well and the couple were intent on watching it. It was all silent until Cristiano spoke up suddenly.

"You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down," Cristiano said making his wife look up at him with a smile on her face; she didn't know how he knew that.

"How many times have you seen this?" Lilliana asked making her husband chuckle and kiss her lips as he hugged her close making sure Hope was okay.

"Every Christmas since I was seventeen," Cristiano said making his wife aww as he rolled his eyes, regretting telling her straight away.

"Cris?" Lilliana whispered as she gently rubbed her index finger over the back of her daughters little hand while watching the little girl breathe in and out.

Cristiano hummed in response as he looked down at his wife wondering what she could be thinking of. Things were okay and Cristiano didn't want his wife to worry about nothing.

"Hope. . . she'll never have a reason to hate us right?" Lilliana asked making Cristiano shake his head and kiss his wife's forehead softly not liking that she's thinking like that.

"Of course she won't. She'll never have a reason to shut us out of her life. I promise," Cristiano whispered as he kissed his wife again and looked down at his little girl on his chest.

Cristiano watched the little girl sleep peacefully knowing his princess would never have a reason to hate him or her mother and he knew he'd do anything for his little girl.