Chapter Twenty- Seven: Euros

Lilliana sighed as she woke up to Cristiano moving around before he got out of bed and moved towards the en suite so he could shower.

Lilliana knew Cristiano was going away for the Euros today and while she hoped he'd do good she was going to miss her husband while he was in France.

Lilliana and Cristiano had talked about her and Hope joining him and they said they'd fly out if Portugal reached the final; he didn't want his family there watching him fail.

Lilliana pulled herself from bed and walked downstairs while slipping on her husbands black sweatshirt that covered her silk night gown that fell to her thighs.

She quickly set about making Cristiano's breakfast knowing he'd be down soon and he'd want something to eat before he left with Sergio and Isco who were also flying out today.

Upstairs, Cristiano was slowly getting dressed not wanting to leave his daughter and wife knowing he wouldn't be back for awhile and he didn't like that.

He hated to think that something could happen to either of them while he was away and he was glad Pedro and Jackie had been locked up for stabbing him.

The only thing that partly settled the Portuguese was that Ricky, Dolores, Katia, Dinis and Rodrigo were coming to stay while he was gone and they'd be flying out with her if the Portuguese national team reached the final.

Cristiano walked downstairs after pulling on his tracksuit pants and polo shirt and half doing his hair; he wasn't in the mood to fully style it.

Cristiano stopped as he looked at Lilliana sitting at the table with her head in her hands; he hated to think of her being upset because of him.

"Lil," Cristiano whispered as he sat next to her and took her hand. The brunette looked up with tear stained cheeks and red eyes before burying her head in her husbands neck.

"Time will fly by Lil, I'll be with you and Hope again before you know it," Cristiano whispered as he kissed his wife's cheek not wanting her to cry because of him.

"It's not all that... What if they come back when you're gone? I don't want them to hurt Hope like they hurt you," Lilliana whispered making Cristiano shake his head and kiss her lips while pulling the brunette on to his lap.

"They won't come back amor, they're locked up and they will be for the next four years, I'm sure I'll be back with your two in four years," Cristiano said as he kissed his wife as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Whenever Lilliana was with her husband she felt so safe and at peace that she thought nothing would go wrong, then she was brought back to reality.

"I love you, you know that right?" Lilliana asked making her husband look at her with amusement shining in his brown eyes while pressing a brief kiss to Lilliana's lips.

"I know... I love you too," Cristiano smiled as he kissed her once more before she moved to get his breakfast for him so she could get Hope and give her something to eat as well.

***

"I love you," Cristiano said as he hugged his wife tightly and pressing kisses to her neck. He had said goodbye to his mother, sister, Ricky and his nephews and now it was his wife and daughters turn.

"I love you too," Lilliana smiled as she kissed her husband softly before moving to his little girl who was happily sitting on the floor playing with the flowers she had picked up from the garden.

"Papa loves you mi princesa," Cristiano whispered while kissing Hope's chubby cheek and lifting the little girl into his arms and hugging her close.

"Papa," the little girl whispered as she cuddled into her fathers arms while everyone turned to look at the nine month old.

Cristiano smiled softly and cuddled her again before handing her back to her mother and kissing her again as she looked at him not understanding what was going on.

"I'll call you when I'm at the hotel," Cristiano said as he kissed his wife's lips and picked up his bags saying goodbye to everyone else before getting into Sergio's car.

Cristiano sighed as they pulled away from his house. Goodbyes were always the hardest for him and he knew they'd never get easier; he just hoped he'd be home soon.