Chapter Thirty- One: The Meeting

"Do you have to go?" Lilliana asked as she held her daughter on her hip while watching Cristiano get ready for his meeting.

"You know I do amor, I'll be back soon. Don't worry," Cristiano said as he kissed his wife softly as his daughter looked up at him not knowing what was going on.

"I love you both," Cristiano said as he kissed his daughter and wife before leaving them alone knowing he had to get to Real Madrid City.

Lilliana sighed watching him go. They had just gotten back and were supposed to be planning their daughters birthday but Cristiano had been called away and Lilliana was less than happy about it.

"Papa," Hope whispered making her mother sigh and kiss her head before laying down on her bed while her daughter played with her mothers rings.

"He'll be back soon," Lilliana whispered as she hugged her daughter tightly wondering what Cristiano had been called for; she was sure he had done nothing wrong.

***

"Ah, Mr. Ronaldo, glad you could join us," Florentino Perez said as the Portuguese walked into the room and sat down glaring at the other man; he'd rather be at home with his wife and daughter now.

"What am I here for?" Cristiano asked wanting to get straight to the point so he could leave as quickly as possible. Perez made him feel sick and he wanted to leave.

"You're leaving Real Madrid before the season starts. We've sold you to PSG for €80 million and you leave on September fifth," Florentino said making Cristiano look up at him.

"You must be mad, I'm not going anywhere," Cristiano said firmly making the president laugh as he looked at the Portuguese player.

"You don't have a choice, it's all done," Florentino said making Cristiano shake his head and stand up before moving to leave.

"Un- do it, I'm not leaving," Cristiano said as he opened the door and moved to step outside when Florentino's voice stopped him in his tracks.

"You walk away from Madrid or you walk away from your career. You choose," Florentino teased making Cristiano glare before he slammed the door and walked out of the building.

Cristiano sat into his car not knowing what to do, he didn't want to leave this all behind and he had no idea what to tell his wife; Hope was fully settled and he didn't want to upset her.

***

Cristiano sighed as he got home not wanting to tell his wife that they'll have to leave Madrid and move to Paris in two weeks.

Cristiano walked into the living room and took off his suit jacket before looking at his wife who was sitting in the couch.

"Amor? What's happened?" Cristiano asked as he sat beside her while she continued to wipe away her tears.

"My abuelo he... he has cancer and they can't come visit. He has to stay in Paris," Lilliana said softly as she looked up at her husband who sighed and closed his eyes while holding his wife close; he hated to see her going through this.

Cristiano decided against telling his wife that they had to move. He'd tell her at some stage but not while the news of her grandfather was fresh in her head; he wanted to give her time.