Chapter Twenty: The Ban

Lilliana grinned as she sat down in front of the TV with her daughter. It's now November and the little girl is two months old and still the light of Cristiano's life.

Cristiano is still on edge and angry because of Lilliana's parents and she wishes there was something she could do to calm him down but nothing's working and it's distracting the footballer.

"Look Hope, there's papa," Lilliana cheered as she held the two month old on her lap while she rested back against the back of the couch watching Real Madrid walk out next to Córdoba.

Lilliana smiled watching Hope grin as she looked at her father. The little girl adored Cristiano and if he was around then Hope wouldn't want to be in anyone else's arms.

***

Lilliana sat looking at the TV wide eyed watching Cristiano walk off the pitch while wiping off his Club World Cup badge on the black Real Madrid jersey.

The blonde couldn't believe he had punched and kicked two players but she knew what was on his mind while he was punching and kicking; she was just glad Sergio and Pepe had stopped him from doing anymore.

Lilliana's thoughts were interrupted when her phone rang and her husbands name popped on screen making her sigh as she picked up her white iPhone 5s as Hope started to cry because she couldn't see her father anymore.

"Did you see?" Cristiano asked making his wife sigh as she settled Hope in her arms and then turned her attention to her husband knowing he needed to get over what happened.

"I did. . . listen Cris you really need to let go of what my madre and padre did to me. It doesn't hurt anymore," Lilliana said and although it was partly a lie she needed Cristiano to forget.

"I can't Lil. They tried to take both you and Hope away from me. You're my girls," Cristiano whispered making his wife nod even though he couldn't see her from the other end of the phone.

It melted Lilliana's heart when he called her and Hope 'his girls' and she knew he'd stop at nothing to keep her parents from getting at them again.

"When are you coming home?"Lilliana asked as she heard Cristiano rummaging through something as he spoke to someone else who was probably in the room with him.

"Now babe, I won't be long. Give Hope a kiss from me," Cristiano said before they both said 'I love you' and hung up the phone as Lilliana went back to focusing on her daughter.

"Papa will be home soon and he said to give you this," Lilliana smiled as she kissed her daughters cheek before laying back on the couch holding Hope tight against her chest.

***

Cristiano sighed as he walked into his house and headed towards the laundry room where he left his bags knowing he'll tidy them later right now he just wanted to be with his wife.

He knew it was Hope's nap time now and he hoped she wasn't too much trouble for her mother while he wasn't here with them; he knew how much of a handful his daughter could be.

"Two matches huh?" Lilliana teased as Cristiano walked into the room and sat beside her, chuckling bitterly as she kissed her cheek and wrapped his arms around her.

"I shouldn't have done it," Cristiano said making his wife nod knowing it wasn't fair to strike anyone and he had done it out of rage which made it worse since those men had nothing to do with it.

"No you shouldn't have," Lilliana agreed as she looked up at her husband and turned slightly so she could get more comfortable in her husbands arms.

"But you're an idiot so you did it anyway," Lilliana said making Cristiano chuckle as he kissed his wife softly and picked up his phone from the table in front of him.

The footballer tweeted an apology to the man he had kicked and then turned off his phone to avoid anyone who wanted to talk to him about the match.

"I need to do something else, they shouldn't be left near you ever again," Cristiano said angrily making his wife roll her eyes at him knowing she was completely safe inside the house.

"I'm already safe. You have at least a hundred officers around the house. I feel like if I dropped something they'd coming running in," Lilliana mused making Cristiano laugh and kiss her softly.

Cristiano knows his wife and daughter are safe as long as they stay inside and don't leave unless they're with someone Cristiano trusted enough to let them be with.

***

Cristiano laughed softly as he blew raspberries on to his daughters tummy while Lilliana filled the bath so they could bathe their daughter together.

Hope giggled as she looked up at her father who was laughing with her. She's perfect and Cristiano knew nobody would get near enough to hurt his little girl.

"Come on Cris," Lilliana said from the ensuite making the footballer grin as he lifted his little girl from the bed and walked over to his wife who smiled and took the little girl.

Cristiano sighed as he sat down wondering if it would all get easier. He wished that one day when he woke up, everything would be okay and there would be no heartbreak.