Chapter Twenty- Two: Christmas Day

Cristiano smiled as he woke up next to his wife. It was nearing eight am and Cristiano was wondering how his daughter wasn't awake yet; she always woke up at seven thirty.

"So she's going to be the child that sleeps in on Christmas morning," Lilliana mused making her husband laugh as he looked down and kissed her softly.

"Feliz navidad, mi amor," Cristiano whispered as he turned on his side and cuddled his wife close with a smile on his face as he thought about the day ahead.

"Feliz navidad," Lilliana smiled as she kissed her husband again and lay on his shoulder closing her eyes for a few minutes while she thought. It was their first Christmas as a family and Lilliana couldn't wait to have Cristiano's family around as well; they had all been so nice when her parents hadn't been.

***

"What's this?" Cristiano cooed as he held his three month old daughter and opened some of her cuddly toys with her, while she is young she seems to be enjoying herself.

Hope was fascinated by all of the bright colours and grinned every time her father unwrapped something new; Lilliana and Cristiano could tell their daughter would enjoy Christmas once she's old enough.

Once all of Hope's presents were finished Lilliana started clearing up the wrapping paper before Cristiano grabbed her by the waist and pulled her on to his lap after he set Hope in her bouncer.

"Now, it's mama's turn," Cristiano mused as he reached under the tree and pulled out the box he carefully wrapped on Christmas Eve without his wife knowing.

Lilliana glared at him as she unwrapped the the box; she could already tell that he had bought her something expensive when she told him not to.

"Cris," Lilliana whispered as she looked down at the silver necklace with a rose gold heart pendant and earrings to match.

"I love it," Lilliana whispered as she looked at her husband and kissed him softly while wrapping her arms around his neck tightly.

Cristiano knew she had told him not to buy anything expensive but he couldn't resist when he saw the set in the window of a jewellery store while he was on a night out in November.

"Okay, your turn," Lilliana said making the footballer roll his eyes hoping his with hadn't gotten him something expensive; just having Lilliana and Hope was enough for him.

"Okay, there's a two so bare with me," Lilliana said making Cristiano chuckle as she handed him the biggest one first. She knew it was more for the house but she hoped he'd like it.

Carefully pulling the wrapping paper back Cristiano couldn't help but smile at the sight of a framed picture of him and Hope on the day she first came home.

"I love it," Cristiano said as he noticed a smaller copy that he could put in his wallet to keep with him wherever his job took him; he'd put it right next to the one of Lilliana.

"Here," Lilliana said as he handed her husband an envelope as she sat down next to him hoping he'd like this present as well.

"Two tickets to race Audi cars and two to go see Formula One in France," Cristiano whispered not quite believing what his wife had managed to get for him; he had been talking about them for ages.

"Lil I," Cristiano started not really knowing what to say to his wife after the amazing gift she had gotten him for Christmas.

"Thank you," Cristiano whispered as he kissed his wife and hugged her close as he kept checking the tickets to see if they were real.

Lilliana smiled as she watched Cristiano excitedly talking to his daughter about what he and Ricky would be doing in March and what he and Sergio would be doing in August; the boys had been talking about it for months.

***

Lilliana smiled as he handed her youngest nephew, Dinis, his drink before joining her husband on the couch while their daughter was passed around as everyone cooed at her and Cristiano watched her like a hawk.

"Relax she's fine," Lilliana reassured making the footballer nod but he didn't tear his eyes away from his little girl, not once.

"I never thought I'd be so protective over two people," Cristiano said making his wife grin as she kissed him softly knowing it was in his nature to be this protective.

"Maybe more someday," Lilliana mused making Cristiano smile at the thought of having more kids with Lilliana one day.

"I don't know if I have enough protectiveness to go around," Cristiano said making his wife laugh softly as she cuddled into his side and kissed his cheek.

"I'm sure you do," Lilliana smiled as she looked up at him with a smile on her face knowing he'd do anything to protect her and any kids they have.

Cristiano wrapped his arm around his wife as their daughter was returned to her mother as she got fussy and wanted to be near her parents.

The family had an amazing first Christmas together and Cristiano hopes there would be many more to come and hopefully there'd be more kids to celebrate it with.