Chapter Ten: The Wedding

"How's your Madre feeling about this?"Clarissa asked as she finished up with Lilliana's light makeup for her wedding day.

"I honestly don't care. My padre and brothers are here, I'm happy"Lilliana said making Clarissa smile at her.

She couldn't not be happy for her friend. She was getting married and expecting a baby; she didn't need Jackie ruining it.

"You look beautiful"Clarissa smiled as she stepped away from standing in front of the mirror allowing Lilliana to look at herself.

"Lissa I......wow"Lilliana breathed out at how she did her makeup.

"Come on, let's get you dressed"Dolores said as she walked in with the wedding dress. Lilliana was pleasantly surprised at how she had warmed to her considering she and Cristiano had only been going out for two years before he proposed.

•••

"Damn, I'm straight and you all know that because I'm marrying Clarissa but man you look amazing"Sergio said as he looked at Cristiano making him chuckle.

"Thanks"Cristiano smiled as he reached down and picked up his nephew who was grinning at Cristiano.

"You ready?"Iker asked. Cristiano smiled and nodded before following Iker, Sergio and Kaka out of the room.

They walked downstairs so they could head to the small private beach where the small wedding was being held. It was only Cristiano's family and teammates and Lilliana's family and friends from Emirates who were attending.

Cristiano stood at the top of the aisle with Gerard beside him and the boys behind him before the music started playing and the nerves started.

Cristiano brushed his thumb nervously over his lip and he was glad that Jackie's cuts hadn't been that big and had healed up quite quickly with Lilliana's help.

Cristiano took a shaky breath making Sergio rest a hand on his shoulder and wink at him. Cristiano looked towards the doors where Lilliana and her father were walking in.

Cristiano couldn't help but smile at the sight of her. She looked gorgeous and Cristiano doubted he's ever seen anyone more beautiful.

"You look amazing"Cristiano said as he held her hand. The bump couldn't be seen under her dress but knowing it was there made Cristiano smile even wider.

"So do you"Lilliana smiled while standing next to him. She couldn't believe they had gotten to this point and she would rather nobody else standing beside her on this day.

"Anyone who objects to these two people being joined in marriage, speak now or forever hold your peace"The official said making Lilliana squeeze Cristiano's hand as if something was going to happen.

"Stop!"Someone yelled. Lilliana sighed and looked up at Cristiano with a sorry look on her face.

"Lilly what your doing is wrong"The woman said making Cristiano realise it was her mother.

"It's not wrong if I love him"Lilliana said as she tore her eyes from Cristiano's and looked at her mother.

"You can't love someone you just met"Julia said. Cristiano still hadn't seen the woman because he knew he'd murder the woman if he turned. He doesn't want to cause further problems for Lilliana because of his money and fame.

"I didn't just meet him"Lilliana said making Cristiano look at her alarmed. Cristiano shook his head slightly but she smiled softly at him.

"I met him two years ago but I wanted to keep you and your scheming ways away from him. I love him so much and there is nothing you can do or say that will stop that"Lilliana said making Cristiano smile at her.

"What do you me-"Jackie started but was quickly stopped by her husband who was fed up of his wife's ways.

"Oh for gods sake Jackie. Let the girl get married"Her padre said making Cristiano silently thank him as her Madre was pulled from the ceremony.

"Well, repeat after me"The official said as he smiled at them.

"I, Cristiano, take you Lilly, as my wife,for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death us do part"Cristiano said as Lilliana squeezed his hand in comfort.

"I, Lilly, take you, Cristiano, as my husband, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death us do part"Lilliana smiled.

"What God joins together man must not separate. May the Lord confirm the consent that you have given, and enrich you with his blessings"The official said.

"Take this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit"Cristiano said as he slipped the ring on her finger.

"Take this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit"Lilliana said as she slipped the bigger ring on his finger.

"I now pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss the bride"Cristiano smiled and pushed the veil over her head before kissing her lips softly.

"I love you"Lilliana whispered.

"Mmmmm, but not as much as I love you"Cristiano smiled.

***

"I can't believe you're married"Delores said as she hugged her youngest son.

"I can't believe I married someone so beautiful"Cristiano mused looking over at Lilliana who was laughing with Pilar.

"You deserved it more than anyone man"Sergio said making Cristiano smile.

"Gracias, all of you, for all you've done to help us get this ready"Cristiano said.

"It's fine, what are friends for Ronnie?"Xabi said as he punched him lightly.

Cristiano chuckled and nodded as 'Waiting On Superman' by Daughtry started playing and Cristiano excused himself to dance with his wife.

"Come on"Cristiano said as he nodded towards the dance floor. Lilliana grinned and took his hand before walking over with him.

"Did you enjoy today?"Cristiano asked as he held Lilliana against him. She nodded and smiled up at him.

"You have no idea how much I enjoyed today"Lilliana grinned.

"Good"Cristiano smiled as he kissed her softly. Cristiano resisted the urge to rub the bump his wife carried since he knew it would only raise questions; he's wait until later in their hotel room.

"I'm sorry about my Madre"Lilliana said softly. She hated that the woman had shown up and almost ruined the day that they had looked forward to sharing together.

"It's not your fault. And hey, it didn't stop us from saying 'I do'"Cristiano mused while looking at their rings.

"You're right. I love you Mr. Ronaldo"Lilliana said as she looked up at her husband and grinned.

"Ah, but not as much as I love you, Mrs. Ronaldo"Cristiano smiled while twirling her around and bringing her close to his chest again.

***

Lilliana smiled as Cristiano kissed down her neck while closing their bedroom door and guiding her towards the bed.

"Just because we're married doesn't mean it's the end of our problems does it?"Lilliana asked in a small voice making Cristiano stop and pull back a little.

"No, no it's not the end. Whatever does happen mi amor, you won't face it alone. I'll be here with you and our baby"Cristiano said as he unzipped her dress and set in on the chair before taking off his suit and laying Lilliana on the bed.

"I love you"Cristiano whispered as he kissed down his wife's neck making her close her eyes as pleasure took over.

"I love you too"Lilliana said as she pulled Cristiano's lips back to hers and started kissing him softly.

Cristiano grinned as he flipped them over so Lilliana was on top. Every chance he got to see her beautiful face and he knew now that they were married things were only going to get better.