Chapter Forty- Three: Daddy's Training

Cristiano grinned as he ran up and down the edge of the pitch. He had pulled a muscle in his leg recently and was trying to gently heal it with the trainers.

"She sure is something," Paco De Miguel mused as he helped the Portuguese with his right leg.

Cristiano chuckled looking over at his daughter who was out running half of the team on the pitch; her cuteness was the only thing that melted Rafa's heart.

"Just like her daddy eh? Tiring everyone out before the game can start," Sergio breathed as he fell down on the field providing a seat for Cristiano.

"Lazy," Cristiano teased as he sat on the younger mans chest making him groan as Hope ran over and hugged her father.

"Uncwe Sese said he, better than daddy," Hope mumbled making Cristiano chuckle as he got up with his daughter.

"Alright Ramos, you against me, first to two is better," Cristiano smiled knowing that he was better than Sergio even with a sore leg.

Sergio's eyes widened and he shook his head but Rafa wasn't having it and pushed Sergio to get ready.

"Now, even though you're only three months old, you can witness daddy beating the crap out of Sergio," Cristiano smiled as he crouched in front of his son who was sitting on his mothers lap.

"Don't injure yourself even more," Lilliana said making Cristiano chuckle as he kissed her lips before walking away and rolling up his shorts.

Lilliana watched him go with a smile on her face. She enjoyed watching women's reactions when they saw her and Cristiano together; they acted as if they stood a chance when Lilliana was the only woman Cristiano looked at.

"Let's go Ramos," Cristiano said as he watched Sergio lazily walking on to the pitch; he would now learn to keep his mouth shut.

***

"Alright you win!" Sergio yelled as he fell to his knees and face planted into the grass; he knew he had been stupid to say he was better than Cristiano.

"Of course I do, I'm Cristiano Ronaldo," Cristiano winked as he poured his water over the Spaniard who gratefully accepted the cold water on his face.

Cristiano smiled walking over to his wife. James grinned at his father and lifted his arms up wanting to be held by him instead of his mother; both of their kids were stuck to Cristiano and there were times when Lilliana was glad of that.

"Daddy win!" Hope smiled as she hugged her fathers legs tightly before Marcelo took the little girl off to sit on Sergio again; he was the point of bullying that day.

"What do you want for dinner?" Lilliana asked knowing she'd have to stop in the shop at the way home to pick up stuff for the dinner and more snacks for Hope.

"Ah ah, I'm cooking tonight," Cristiano said as he looked at his son and tickled him softly making him giggle. Everyone in the family loved James and they were completely taken with the little boy.

"Cris I can," Lilliana started but was quickly cut off as her husband kissed her lips and shook his head.

"My turn," Cristiano smiled as he slowly sat down beside his wife, he was sure he had done more damage to his leg but beating Sergio's ass had been more important to him in that moment.

***

"They're both asleep but you and I both know James will be up again soon," Cristiano said as he jogged downstairs and into the living room where Lilliana sat in tears.

"What's happened?" Cristiano asked softly as he sat beside her and hugged her close to his body; he hated seeing her cry.

"My abuelo passed away," Lilliana sobbed as she cuddled into her husbands arms and held him tightly.

Cristiano closed his eyes and sighed. He wished they could've gotten in touch while they were in Paris but things had been so busy and strained that it completely slipped their minds.

"I didn't get to say goodbye," Lilliana sobbed as she cried on to Cristiano's bare chest. She hated that she hadn't seen her grandfather but now he's gone and she can't get him back.

Cristiano slowly rocked his wife back and forth as he held her close. He was sure she'd be alright in a little while and he knew he'd be there weather she was or wasn't.