Chapter Eleven: The Private Scan

Cristiano took a deep breath as he bounced his knee while waiting in the living room as the midwife checked over his wife.

It had been a week since the couple had gotten married and the two couldn't be happier at the moment. With a baby on the way the two were busy planning what was going to happen when the baby got here; they have decided on keeping Lilliana's pregnancy a secret.

"Mr. Ronaldo?"The midwife asked making him stand up and walk towards the bedroom, smiling when he saw his wife on the bed with her top rolled up ready for the scan.

"Everything is good and the baby is already looking very healthy"The midwife smiled as she moved to set the machine up and put the gel on Lilliana's stomach.

Cristiano smiled while holding Lilliana's hand as he looked at the screen and watched the image of his baby appear.

"So Lilliana has told me you want the gender to be a surprise"The midwife said softly making Cristiano nod as he kept staring at the screen in front of him.

Lilliana smiled up at her husband as he stared at the screen knowing how happy he was to be a father.

***

Lilliana grinned as she walked back into the living room after showing the midwife out. Cristiano hadn't moved since she had left.

He was staring at the ultrasound picture with a smile playing on his lips while he rubbed the pad of his thumb over the image.

"Our baby is beautiful, huh?"Lilliana asked as she leaned over the couch and draped her arms over Cristiano's chest.

"He or she is"Cristiano said as he looked at his wife and kissed her lips softly.

"Obrigado meu amor"Cristiano smiled as he turned around fully kneeling on the couch as he kissed his wife softly.

"Time is going to fly by before we have another person in the house"Cristiano said making Lilliana nod and smile as she looked down at her bump knowing she couldn't wait for her and Cristiano's baby to be born.

***

"Oh he or she is beautiful"Clarissa smiled as she looked at the picture in her hand while her friend cuddled Gerard close.

"Gracias"Lilliana smiled as her one year old nephew babbled up at her.

Cristiano smiled watching his wife with Gerard knowing she was going to be a great mother when the time came to it.

"I've never seen you so happy"Sergio mused making Cristiano smile at him.

"I never had a reason to be this happy"Cristiano said as he looked at his friend who nodded and patted Cristiano on the back.

"Her mother, has she been a problem?"Sergio asked as he and Cristiano sat down allowing the girls to coo over the talk of children.

"Not since she tried to break us apart and destroy our wedding"Cristiano mused but he knew that it wasn't the last they'd see of the mother in law from hell.

"You'll be alright, you'll handle it. Just like you do everything else"Sergio smiled making Cristiano nod and force a smile as Sergio moved to get drinks for them.

"Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of"Cristiano whispered as his wife looked at him and smiled making him smile back knowing he couldn't fake a smile with her.

***

Cristiano sighed as he sat on the couch in the living room working on things back in Madrid.

Cristiano knew he'd have to be quiet since his wife was fast asleep in the next room but he couldn't help the silent tears that slipped down his face as he thought about Jackie who is a threat to his family.

His once silent tears turned into violent sobs which he tried to quieten down so he wouldn't wake Lilliana but that didn't last long.

"Cris?"Lilliana asked as she stepped out of the bedroom and walked towards her husband on the couch.

"Cris? What's wrong?"Lilliana asked as she sat beside him and rubbed his back softly. She hated seeing Cristiano upset but she's never seen him this bad in the two years that they've been dating and she doesn't like it.

"Your Madre, she's going to tear us apart and I can't lose you or the baby"Cristiano whimpered making Lilliana shake her head and pull him close.

"You're not going to lose me or the baby. We love you too much to say goodbye"Lilliana whispered as she took Cristiano hand and put in on her growing stomach feeling her baby move slightly under their fathers touch.

"God Lil if she ever tries to get in our way I-"Cristiano started but was quickly cut off by Lilliana.

"You will do anything necessary to protect us both"Lilliana said knowing she wouldn't care what happened to her mother if she interred with the family Cristiano had created.

Lilliana had lost all love for her mother at the age of fifteen when she found out what a scheming witch her mother was and now that Jackie is trying to get at her husband, she knows she'll never forgive her mother for what she did to her father.