Chapter Twenty- Three: Fabio's New Years Party

"No," Cristiano said sternly as Lilliana stood in front of him while he fed their daughter her bottle; Lilliana wasn't in the mood to breastfeed today.

"Why not Cris? It's been what. . . over seven months since we went out?" Lilliana said knowing they both deserved a break and she was sure Hope would be okay with Dolores for the night.

"Lil, your parents are still around and I don't want to leave her," Cristiano said softly as he looked down at his daughter knowing he'd do anything to protect her and by leaving he can't do that.

"Cris it's just for a couple of hours and we'll be back before midnight. We can ring in the New Years with our little girl. I know Sergio and Clarissa are doing the same thing," Lilliana said knowing her husband deserved a break.

"Only a couple of hours?" Cristiano asked making his wife nod as she sat down beside him and kissed his lips.

"Only a couple of hours," Lilliana said making Cristiano nod knowing he could live with that as long as they saw their little girl before twelve.

***

Cristiano smiled as he talked with Fabio and Sergio making sure he could still see his wife. It was nearing eleven o'clock and Cristiano knew they'd be leaving soon.

"How's Hope doing?" Fabio asked over the loud music making his fellow countryman smile at the thought of his daughter who is now four months old.

"She's doing really well. She's a lot stronger and isn't showing any signs of us having to bring her back in so its all okay," Cristiano smiled as he spoke about his daughter, he loved her more than anything and would do anything for her.

Cristiano smiled as he listened to the other men talk about their children and how everything was working out for them when Cristiano spotted Lilliana's parents moving towards her and they weren't unarmed.

Cristiano dropped his drink to the floor making the glass smash on the floor and go flying everywhere but Cristiano didn't care.

Everything felt as if it was going in slow motion when Pedro lifted a knife towards his unsuspecting daughter but Cristiano quickly grabbed her and took the stab in the shoulder instead while keeping his wife wrapped up tightly in his arms.

"Are you okay?" Cristiano asked as the music stopped and the security men came in to take Lilliana's parents away from the party.

"Am I okay? Are you okay? You got stabbed," Lilliana whispered as she looked at the knife in her husbands shoulder; she knew he'd be out for a few matches over that.

"I'm fine," Cristiano said as he reached up and pulled the knife out of his shoulder before the paramedics came rushing in and forced the Portuguese to sit down on a near by seat.

Lilliana held her husbands hand as they patched up the stab wound in his shoulder. She couldn't believe he had taken a knife for her and she knew they'd be taking action against her parents for this.

"Are you alright?" Sergio asked as he and Clarissa stopped in front of the couple. Cristiano arm was now in a sling to keep him from moving it too much.

"I'm fine," Cristiano said as he waved him off; it was only a stab and he'd do it a million times if it meant that his wife was okay.

***

"Hello baby girl," Cristiano whispered as he lifted his little girl up making sure she was okay and wasn't going to fall as he sat on the couch.

"See, there's still ten minutes. I keep my promises," Lilliana teased as she sat down beside her husband and started in tying his tie and talking off his bloody shirt.

Cristiano chuckled and nodded as he kissed his wife softly before looking at his daughter who was chewing on her little fist before light tapping her fathers bandaged shoulder.

"Papa got hurt," Lilliana whispered as she rubbed her daughters hand lightly. She felt like it had been her fault that her husband had gotten stabbed by her father.

"And he'd get hurt again if it meant your mamma was okay," Cristiano said making Lilliana look at him and kiss his lips softly.

The count down came faster than anticipated and Lilliana found some sense of calm and relief in letting 2015 go and having more exciting things in 2016.

"Happy new year," Cristiano and Lilliana said at the same time as they kissed each other's lips and smiled knowing this year is going to be a better year than last.

"Happy new year mi princesa," Cristiano whispered as he kissed the top of his daughters head while she grinned up at him.

Lilliana smiled watching the two of them. She couldn't believe Cristiano had taken a knife for her and she knew he'd do it again if it meant protecting her.