Chapter Thirty- Three: Off to Paris

Lilliana sighed as she looked around the living room that only had the furniture left in it; she couldn't believe it had come to this.

Cristiano and Lilliana had decided not to sell their house since Cristiano had assured her that this wasn't it for Madrid and he'd be moving them back here soon.

"Mama," Hope whispered as she crawled towards her mother who smiled softly and picked her up; the little girl could sense that her parents were upset and she wanted to cheer them up.

"Are you ready?" Cristiano asked softly as he watched his wife with their daughter before his eyes flicked to the couch remembering the night they had talked about what their first baby was going to be and how happy they had been back then.

"I'm ready when you are," Lilliana smiled as she kissed the side of her daughters head and walked outside with Cristiano.

Just as he was about to lock the door Lilliana stopped him making the footballer look at her oddly.

"I forgot something," Lilliana said as she opened the door and headed straight for the stairs.

When she reached the top, Lilliana walked towards her nightstand and spotted what she had forgotten; the picture of her and Cristiano on their wedding day.

Slowly picking it up, Lilliana let the tears she was holding back slip down her cheeks as she looked around the room.

The wardrobes were closed but Lilliana knew they were next to empty. Everything was in its place looking neat and tidy. The bed was made properly with all the pillows neatly set out in a nice setting.

"Lil? Did you fi- mi amor," Cristiano whispered as he watched her slowly break down while hugging the picture to her chest.

"Lil," Cristiano whispered as he moved forward and pulled her into his side. He hated that she was crying about this and he wished he could stop her from going but she wouldn't leave him.

"I don't want to go either Lil and I'm sorry I'm putting you both through this," Cristiano said making his wife look at him and shake her head.

"Just me being silly, I'm fine," Lilliana said as she forced a smile but Cristiano could see right through it.

***

"Cris! Lilly!" Someone yelled as the couple stood waiting for their private jet in Madrid Barajas Airport.

Cristiano and Lilly turned around and watched as Sergio and Clarissa ran towards them before attacking them in hugs.

"I'm going to miss you," Clarissa whispered as she hugged her best friend tightly.

"I'll miss you too," Lilliana whispered before moving to hug Sergio before their jet was called.

"We'll see you soon," Sergio said as he nodded at the two while Hope waved sadly to them.

Cristiano sighed as he moved his family on to the jet before looking back at Sergio and Clarissa. He couldn't believe they had followed him to the airport just like he had done for Kaka a few years back.

Waving one last time, Cristiano stepped on to the jet as they closed the door behind him and all that was left of Madrid was what they could see out the window.

"Papa," Hope mumbled as she looked at her father wanting to be in his arms instead of her mothers.

Cristiano gently took his daughter and looked out the window watching Madrid pass by as they rushed down the runway before ascending into the air and it was then Cristiano allowed his tears to fall.

***

Lilliana shivered as she stepped into the house she and her family would be living in from now on. She didn't know what it was but the house gave her an eerie feeling.

"Papa no wike it," Hope said as she clung to her father who nodded as he kissed her head.

"It'll get better Hope. It's just new, that's all," Lilliana reassured as her husband looked at her not even believing her himself.

"Why don't you go in the living room and play with your dolls while mama and I unpack," Cristiano suggested making his little girl nod before she walked off with her backpack.

"Tell me," Cristiano said as they took the first bags out of the car and put them in the hall.

"It's just creepy but I'll get over it," Lilliana shrugged making her husband sigh as he closed the boot of the car.

Cristiano looked around the grounds for a second, he couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching him but he quickly shook it off knowing he was being silly.

Cristiano sighed as he walked up the steps to the house and stepped inside knowing he'd have to get used to calling this home for the next two seasons; he just didn't know how.