Chapter Thirty- Six: The Scan

Lilliana slowly opened her eyes and looked around the room before sighing and cuddling into the comfy hotel bed again. She was so happy to be out of the house and she hoped she wouldn't be as moody with her husband anymore.

"Morning," Cristiano said in his raspy morning voice making Lilliana smile and she opened her eyes and cuddled into him feeling him rub her bump softly.

"Can we find out what we're having?" Cristiano asked making his wife nod as she kissed him softly. She couldn't believe their second baby would be here in four months but she couldn't wait to meet him or her.

Lilliana smiled feeling her baby kick against his or her fathers hand. This baby was a lot more active than Hope had been and she wants this baby to come on time unlike Hope who had frightened bet parents.

***

"See baba," Hope pouted as she looked at her mothers stomach as she lay on the beed waiting for the doctor to come back after preparing her file.

"Soon mi vida," Cristiano whispered as he kissed his daughters cheek and held Lilliana's hand before the doctor walked back in.

"Now let's do your scan... are you finding out the gender?" She asked making the couple nod as he put the gel on Lilliana's stomach and started moving the wand around.

"Baba!" Hope cheered as the image of her younger sibling came up on screen. Cristiano smiled as he looked at his newest son or daughter knowing the baby would be here shortly.

"It's a little boy by the way," the doctor said making Cristiano and Lilliana's smile even wider as they looked at each other.

Cristiano stared at the screen with a smile on his face. He couldn't believe they'd have a little boy soon and he couldn't wait to meet him.

***

"Sergio wants us back in Madrid for Christmas," Cristiano mused as he walked into the bedroom and looked at his wife who had gotten Hope to sleep.

The little girl had been excited when she found out she was going to get a little brother and she wouldn't calm down or go to sleep.

"Its doable... did he say anything else about the plan?" Lilliana asked making her husband nod as he sat beside her and lifted up her top while gently pressing kisses to her bump.

"The plan is why he wants us to go to Madrid for Christmas," Cristiano said making his wife nod as she ran her fingers through his hair and smiled down at him.

Cristiano smiled knowing his wife would be six months pregnant by the time they get to Madrid and he doesn't want to stress her out; he had seen what happened last time and he didn't want a repeat.

"She doesn't like it here," Cristiano mused as he looked at his sleeping daughter. Hope was only happy because she was with he parents and Cristiano knew she missed their home and Sergio especially; it was clear the little girl had a crush on him.

"None of us do Cris, but it's not your fault," Lilliana whispered as she kissed her husband softly. She didn't want him blaming himself for leaving when he had been forced out by Perez.

"I should've done more to stop him," Cristiano whispered making his wife shake her head as she sat up and cuddled into his arms.

"There was nothing you could do," Lilliana reassured as she kissed him again. Their relationship had been strained since they came to Paris and Cristiano's afraid of what could happen if they didn't get home.

"Stop thinking," Lilliana whispered as she pressed her lips to his neck. And pushed him to lay down on his side of the bed.

"You could do with a nap," Lilliana said as she pressed a kiss to the top of his head before moving to leave her husband and daughter nap in peace while she went to the living room and caught up on the episodes of her favourite TV show.

Lilliana knew Cristiano was blaming himself for the move and the strain between them their relationship but none of it was his fault; it's Perez's.