Chapter Tweleve: Getting Ready To Go Home

Lilliana sighed as she continued packing for the trip back to Madrid; she couldn't believe the three months in Dubai were already over.

"Lil there's a letter here for you"Cristiano said as he walked into the room behind his wife and sat on the bed as she opened the letter and read it.

"I've been fired"Lilliana whispered making Cristiano raise an eyebrow and take the letter from her while he took her hand with his free one.

"You're too heavy to work for them?"Cristiano asked making his wife nod as she tried to register what was going on.

Lilliana had worked for Emirates for six years and she couldn't believe that all she had worked for is going down the drain.

"They can't do that"Cristiano said furiously. He knew his wife had struggled to get through school and get into the academy that was linked to Fly Emirates but she had done it and now it's all going to waste.

"They can, it states that you need to have a next to perfect body to work for them and because I'm pregnant, I don't fit their criteria"Lilliana said as she looked at Cristiano who shook his head and stood up bringing her into his arms while kissing the top of her head.

"You're beautiful and don't doubt that because of a stupid letter. Do you think they know we're married?"Cristiano asked knowing their wedding had been a secret affair and the magazines don't even know their married.

"I doubt it"Lilliana said as she cuddled closer to her husband. She loved being in his arms and she's going to miss him when he goes back to work.

"Then they'll regret it when people find out we got married and we're having a baby"Cristiano smiled as he kissed Lilliana softly while sitting on the bed.

"I'm not going back to them, not after this"Lilliana stated making Cristiano nod as he lifted up Lilliana's top and pressed his lips to the five month bump with a smile on his lips.

***

"It's not fair that's what it is"Clarissa spat furiously after her friend finished telling her what had happened that morning.

"Well if they've fired you I'm quitting"Clarissa said determinedly and before her friend could open her mouth to protest she was already on the phone.

"There, done. They'll regret leaving us go"Clarissa said as she sat down next to Lilliana on the couch and pulled the brunette into a side hug.

Lilliana smiled as she hugged her friend back listening to Sergio and Cristiano return from having a last day swim with Gerard.

"Great news Sese"Clarissa smiled as she stood up and took her little boy from her fiancé who raised an eyebrow while looking at her as Cristiano went to sit next to Lilliana.

"After Emirates fired Lilliana, I've decided to quit so there's no need for a nanny anymore"Clarissa said making Sergio smile as he kissed her knowing he had gotten what he wanted since Gerard had been born.

***

"I don't know if I want to go home"Lilliana murmured as she put the last few bits and pieces into her suitcase so they can head home tomorrow.

Cristiano sighed as he watched her from the other side of the bed where his own suitcase was. He knew she didn't want to go home because that would mean he has to go back training and their little fantasy would be over.

"I know Lil, but I'll be home every night until the season starts and then I'll be going away for matches"Cristiano continued without noticing that his wife was already in tears.

"But what if you're gone when our baby comes? I can't do this alone"Lilliana sobbed making Cristiano look up and walk towards her.

"I won't, I'll be there for both of you. I need to sort out my paternity leave with Ancelotti but I should be clear from then"Cristiano said knowing they had discussed it when she had first told him about the baby and decided Cristiano would take two weeks after their baby had been born.

Lilliana's sobs grew quieter as she started to calm down while Cristiano rubbed her back softly and pressed gentle kisses to the top of her head.

Cristiano hates when Lilliana gets upset and it's a sight he hasn't been able to stand for the past two years.

He knew her worries were right and once they returned to Madrid everything would change but he wouldn't leave her alone in this.