Chapter Nine: The Mother Who Persevered

Lilliana and Cristiano yawned as they sat on the couch in their hotel room while her mother, Jackie Martinez, kept ranting on.

"Two months is it? And you're getting married how on earth is that right?"Jackie asked making her daughter sigh as she started dropping off.

"Go to bed, I'll be in here soon"Cristiano mused as he kissed his fiancée and helped her up before she walked away without saying anything to her mother.

"Listen"Cristiano started as he looked at his soon to be mother- in- law as soon as the bedroom door closed.

"I want you to get out and leave Lilliana and I alone. We're in a very happy place right now and we don't need you messing it up for us so leave"Cristiano said harshly as he stood up with fury burning in his eyes as Jackie looked up at the footballer.

"I won't be gone for long"Jackie mused as she started collecting her things and moving to leave the room with the footballer following behind so he could lock the door.

"She won't marry you. . . and yes, that's a promise"Jackie mused with a wicked grin making the footballer chuckle and shake his head.

"You don't scare me"Cristiano laughed as he pushed the woman outside and closed the door and locked it before running a hand through his hair.

Cristiano couldn't believe the woman was going to try and ruin things for them just so she could get money from Cristiano and didn't know how Lilliana shares the same DNA as that horrid woman.

Cristiano sighed as he quietly closed the door in the bedroom and looked at his sleeping fiancée as he crawled into bed next to Lilliana who was cradling her bump.

Cristiano loved seeing the bump any chance he got but he couldn't wait for their baby to be born. He just hoped Jackie would leave them alone.

***

"You know Madre won't give up until she gets what she wants"Maxi said as he and his sister sat in a cafe eating lunch.

"I know but I don't know what else to do. Cristiano doesn't want me to get too stressed over the baby"Lilliana mused with a smile making her brother look up at her.

"Baby? You're pregnant?"Maxi asked making his sister nod and smile at him as he leaned over and kissed her cheek.

"Congrats. I won't tell anyone but hey, leave Madre to me. I'll sort her out"Maxi mused making his sister nod and smile gratefully before they got up and started walking back towards the hotel.

Lilliana sighed in relief when she got to her room and took off her wedges before walking into the living room where Cristiano was sitting with Sergio who was holding an ice pack to the forwards cheek.

"What happened?"Lilliana gasped as she knelt in front of her fiancé who had a busted lip and eyebrow and a bruised cheek.

"Your Madre paid a visit. She was very pleasant about it too"Cristiano mused with a smile making his fiancée laugh softly as Sergio finished bandaging up the cuts on his face.

"What did she say?"Lilliana asked softly as she rested her hands on her fiancé's thighs.

"Just cussed at me and yelled saying you won't marry me or you'll never carry my devil spawn"Cristiano laughed thinking of how ridiculous the woman sounded.

"Made a right fool of herself in front of the hotel security"Cristiano mused as Sergio brought him a fresh ice pack.

"If that bruise doesn't go down by tomorrow I suggest you go to the medical staff"Sergio said making Cristiano nod as they both thanked him before Sergio walked away.

"She is out of her mind"Lilliana said as she sat next to Cristiano who nodded and kissed his fiancée softly.

"I'm glad you're nothing like her"Cristiano said making Lilliana laugh and nod as she kissed him again.

Cristiano sighed as he sat back and wondered how he could get the other woman to stay away from him and Lilliana especially now that Lilliana's bump is more noticeable and everyone would find out she's carrying the footballers baby soon.