Chapter Forty- Six: Fights

"Not again, dad nothing's going to happen! We're going into town, we're not doing anything stupid," Hope promised making her father shake his head.

"Hope you and I both know that's not true," Lilliana said softly not wanting to upset her daughter like the last time.

"But I'm almost eighteen," Hope said making her mother nod. Lilliana didn't have parents like this when she was Hope's age and she wished she had.

"I know sweetheart but you're still our daughter and we don't want anything bad to happen to you," Lilliana said as Hope started getting her things together.

"Hope, please don't do this," Cristiano whispered looking at his daughter. He had reached a breaking point and he didn't know what to do anymore.

"I'll see you later," Hope mused as she walked out of the room and away from her parents who didn't know what else to do. Keeping her in isn't working and her parents are at a loss.

"It'll be okay... she'll realise she's being stupid soon enough," James said as he hugged his mother and father tightly while they stayed quiet and hugged their son back.

Matthew watched them sadly knowing his parents were on a breaking point and if Hope didn't shape up then they'd be driven apart.

***

Hope frowned as she watched her eighteen year old friend stumble towards their car. She was sure he'd be okay to drive and she wasn't in any danger.

The group got back into the car and belted up before the designated driver took off speeding towards their houses.

"Alan please slow down you're scaring me," Hope said making the group in the car laugh at her; they didn't get why she was so scared.

"Alan, please stop I'm going to get sick," Hope said making him stop abruptly and let her out of the car.

"Luce, please come with me... think of your baby," Hope said making the blonde girl shake her head, she's eight months pregnant and she knew she would be fine. Hope glared at her and closed the door watching Alan drive off.

Hope looked around the suburban road not knowing where she was or where was she was going. She had tried her parents three times and she had no signal.

Hope slowly started to cry as she walked in the direction her friends had gone. She couldn't believe she had disobeyed her parents again and she knew she'd do whatever they asked in future.

Hope was walking for twenty minutes when she saw it, the car she had been sitting in was smashed up against a wall while her friends were either dead or unconscious in the car.

Hope watched the paramedics, the police, her brothers and her parents frantically searching for something when she realised they were searching for her.

"Madre, padre," Hope said making the two of them look up as Lilliana sprinted towards her daughter and started to cry.

"Thank god you're okay. Did they hurt you?" Lilliana asked making her daughter shake her head as she clung to her mother.

Cristiano walked over thanking anyone who was listening. He was so happy to see that she was okay instead of being smashed into a wall.

"I'm so sorry," Hope cried as her father took her and wrapped his arms tightly around her and kept her safe against his body as they started to cut her friends from the car.

Cristiano kissed the top of his daughters head as he watched the paramedics lift Lucy from the car; she was the only one who seemed okay.

Hope watched the paramedics walking with her best friend before she dropped to the floor and started screaming in pain while holding her stomach and yelling that her baby was coming.

Hope clung to her father not knowing what to do. She knew that she was seventeen but she still felt too young to be watching someone go through that.

"We have no choice but to deliver here," one of the paramedics said making Lucy look up at them alarmed before looking at Hope.

"Please Hope," Lucy whispered as she looked at her best friend. She didn't deserve her help but she needed it and she hoped she'd get it.

"Go... we'll be right here," Cristiano whispered as he kissed his daughters head and pushed her towards the blonde who was minutes away from giving birth.

Hope slowly sat down beside Lucy and held her hand as the paramedics instructed her on what to do; Hope knew the baby wasn't going to make it.

***

Hope groaned as she tossed and turned in bed yet again. It's three am and the seventeen year old hadn't been able to fall asleep yet; the crash was still on her mind as well as her best friend who was shut up in hospital grieving for her baby.

Hope slowly climbed from bed and walked down the hall towards her parents room. She pushed open the door and peeked inside watching the two of them sit up and look at her.

"I couldn't sleep," Hope whispered softly as she moved towards them watching her mother get out of bed and gesture for Hope to get in the middle.

"You scared us tonight Hope... we thought you were dead in a ditch," Cristiano said softly. He was glad Sergio had called to let him know that he had seen Hope and the group she was in and he hadn't trusted them.

Cristiano doesn't know what he would've done if he had arrived and found that his daughter had died. Losing her would be like getting stabbed in the heart over and over again.

"I'm sorry... I thought Alan wasn't drinking and now he's dead," Hope whispered. She found it so hard to believe that a boy she was talking to only a few hours ago was now lying in a morgue; his face, unrecognisable.

"Hope you don't understand what you put us through. For the best part of an hour we thought you were dead. How do you think we'd feel if we had to identify you by dental records because your face was too smashed to identify?" Lilliana asked making her daughter look at her.

Hope didn't know what to say. She didn't think they thought about that and she hated that they did.

"I'm sorry and I promise to listen to you both from now on," Hope promised as she cuddled in between her parents trying to find some sleep; she'd never not listen to them again.

Cristiano sighed watching his daughter closely as he pulled her into his arms and kept her close. He couldn't imagine what he'd do if he was sitting in a hospital now instead of having all of his family safe at home.