Chapter Twenty- Six: Family Portrait

"Please be careful when you're feeding her, I don't want her outfit getting dirty," Lilliana said as she ran passed her husband who was holding their daughter while she ran up to get changed.

The family had finally gotten around to taking their first proper family pictures with a photographer but they wouldn't be released to the world; Hope wasn't going to be shared with everyone.

"Lil would you relax, everything is going to be fine," Cristiano said as he followed her upstairs and walked into the room where Lilliana was changing into her dress.

The small family all had colour coordinated outfits. Cristiano had a white shirt and navy dress pants, Lilliana had a navy and white dress and white shoes and Hope had her baby and white sailor dress on.

"I just want it to be perfect," Lilliana said as Cristiano set his daughters bottle down and started winding the little girl with a towel on his shoulder.

"And it will be, stop worrying," Cristiano said as he kissed his wife before continuing to walk around with his little girl while patting her back softly trying to get her to burp.

The little girl is now seven months old and is starting to come off her bottles and her mothers breast milk a little but she still has one during the day and one before bed to help her sleep.

***

Cristiano grinned as he stood off to the side and watched his wife and daughter getting their pictures taken. They both looked beautiful and Cristiano had no doubt that his daughter would be just as beautiful as Lilliana when she grows up.

"Papa's turn," The photographer smiled making Cristiano get up and walk towards Lilliana with his arms out to hold Hope who clapped as she was transferred into her fathers arms.

Lilliana kissed Cristiano's lips before she slipped out of the shot and watched her husband with their daughter.

The two of them together is a sight she'll never get tired of and she knows Cristiano will always be there for his little girl no matter what happens.

***

Cristiano sighed as he ducked his head under the stream of warm water coming from the shower head. It had been a long day and he was glad the pictures were finally over.

Hope had smiled for all of them and they had turned out great, he couldn't wait for them to arrive framed and ready for hanging next month.

"Cris, the Chinese is here," Lilliana called making Cristiano grin as he turned off the water and started drying himself before throwing on his boxers and sweatpants and walking downstairs.

Cristiano walked into the kitchen and smiled at his little girl who was sitting in her high chair before moving over to help his wife with the food.

Lilliana smiled as her husband kissed her neck softly and moved to get Hope's dinner ready for her. Lilliana loved how helpful Cristiano was and she was glad he was around unlike some other footballers she had heard about.

Setting the plates on the table, Lilliana grinned as her daughter clapped her hands while Cristiano walked towards her with her small bowl of mashed potatoes and carrots.

"She's like you, she knows when it's time to have food," Lilliana said making Cristiano chuckle as he sat across from his wife and started feeding his daughter.

"I want another one," Lilliana blurted out making her husband drop the spoon and look at his wife not knowing how to feel about that.

"What? Do you not want another baby?" Lilliana asked slightly worried. She loved the idea of Hope having a baby brother or sister.

"Well... I do but not now. She's only seven months Lil can we not wait until she's one? I can't handle that," Cristiano said making Lilliana look at him.

"You can't handle it?! You're not the one who has to carry the baby and push the baby out at the end!" Lilliana spat as she pushed her chair back and stormed out of the kitchen leaving Cristiano alone with his daughter.

Cristiano groaned hearing the bedroom door slam and lock while Hope looked at her father wondering what had happened and why her mother wasn't in the room with them anymore.

Cristiano knew he shouldn't have been stupid and opened his mouth. Another baby would be nice and he knew Hope would be one by the time the next one arrived; he was just being stupid.

***

"Lil? Can I come in?" Cristiano asked as he knocked on the bedroom door. It was unlocked but Cristiano knew she was feeding their daughter and didn't want to disturb the little girl.

"Sleep downstairs Ronaldo," Lilliana replied making the forward sigh and turn around before walking back downstairs and into the living room where he lay on the couch and covered himself with a blanket knowing he'd talk to his wife tomorrow.

Upstairs, Lilliana sighed as she finished settling her daughter into her crib for the night. The little girl was now unaware of the fight between her mother and father.

Lilliana quietly closed the door and walked across the hall towards her own room where she closed the door and lay down in bed before turning off the lamp and looking to the side where her husband should be lying.

Turning on her side Lilliana lay there for half an hour before she realised she had overreacted and pulled herself from bed before walking downstairs and into the living room where Cristiano was lying wide awake.

"I'm sorry," Lilliana whispered as she sat down beside her husband on the floor. She looked up at him through her eyelashes as he lay on his side smiling softly at her.

"It's not your fault amor, I'm sorry for saying what I did... I'd love another baby but maybe we can try during the summer when the Euros are over," Cristiano whispered as he sat up and looked at his wife who nodded knowing it was fair.

"Will you come to bed?" Lilliana asked making Cristiano chuckle as he stood up and helped his wife up before walking upstairs together and heading straight to their room.

Cristiano smiled while laying down and pulling his wife close. He hated to think of Lilliana going through the pain of childbirth but she always told him it was worth it when she saw her baby.

Cristiano kissed his wife's head before closing his eyes and burying his head into Lilliana's neck as he fell asleep with a smile on his face.