Chapter Seventeen: Bringing Hope Home

Lilliana smiled as she watched Cristiano lock their house before he walked towards the car and sat in.

"Have we got everything?"Cristiano asked making Lilliana laugh softly and nod as she looked at him; he was so worked up about this.

"Yes we have everything"Lilliana laughed making Cristiano nod before he pulled out of the driveway and started driving towards the hospital.

The footballer had run around the house all morning making sure it was safe enough for Hope before he started getting worked up about the things they needed for the hospital.

***

"Who's going to dress her for the first time?"The midwife asked making Lilliana look at her husband with a small smile on her face.

"Daddy is"Lilliana smiled as she sat down on the chair and watched Cristiano stare at the little girl laying on the bed on her soft blanket.

Cristiano looked at Hope as the little girl slept peacefully, he didn't want to hurt her and he was afraid he wouldn't be gentle enough while he dressed her.

Cristiano took a deep breath and stepped forward slowly lifting his little girl up and laying her on his shoulder for a minute while his free hand fixed the baby grow and snowsuit she'd be going home in.

Gently laying Hope down, Cristiano put her arms and legs in the right places before buttoning the baby grow up and repeating the process with the snowsuit before he wrapped her in her blanket and put a small hat on her head.

"Well done"The nurse smiled as Cristiano stood looking down at his little girl with slightly less shaky hands.

"You're not going to break her"Lilliana said as she stood up next to her husband who looked at her and nodded as Hope opened her little brown eyes making Lilliana smile as she picked her daughter up gently while Cristiano set the car seat on the bed.

Lilliana smiled as soon as their daughter was secured in the car seat and they could finally head home with Hope.

***

"She's so beautiful"Clarissa whispered as she looked at the little girl laying in her rocker while she got Gerard ready to go home.

"Thank you"Lilliana smiled as Cristiano sat next to her and kissed her softly.

"Well done Lilly, I've never seen him so soft"Sergio teased making Lilliana laugh as Cristiano pouted knowing his friend is right.

Cristiano had always had a stone cold look on his face no matter where he went and rarely smiled but ever since he met Lilliana everything changed and he had a reason to smile; now he has two.

"Enjoy your two weeks off. We should meet for lunch or something during your time off"Sergio said making Cristiano nod as they hugged Lilliana before Cristiano walked out to the hall with them.

"Thanks for calling. Lil needed that"Cristiano said making Sergio smile and nod as he hugged his friend before Clarissa did.

"If you need anything and we mean anything, call"Clarissa said making Cristiano nod as he said goodbye to Gerard before they all left.

Cristiano smiled to himself as he locked the door and walked into the living room watching his wife look at their daughter who was peacefully asleep.

Cristiano sat beside his wife and hugged her close knowing Lilliana would enjoy the coming months. The blonde loves winter and he new she'd only like it more this year now that she could cuddle with Hope when he's not here.

"She really is our little miracle"Lilliana mused as she kissed her husbands cheek as he nodded and kissed her forehead.

"She is. I don't know what I would've done if she hadn't been okay"Cristiano whispered making Lilliana nod and cuddle closer to her husband.

"She's here, that's all that matters"Lilliana said making Cristiano nod as the little girl slowly started opening her eyes before she started crying making Cristiano smile softly and reach forward while unstrapping her and settling her on his chest.

Cristiano grinned as he looked down at his two girls knowing now that hope is here and she's okay everything would only get better for the family weather Jackie interfered or not.