Epilouge: The New Cristiano

"We've got some new players in the line up today," Ricardo Gomez said as he looked up at his boss who was getting his suit on for the game.

"Yeah, so?" Cristiano asked as he fixed his shirt and moved to get his tie. He was lucky enough to be asked to coach the team after retiring the season before.

"So... we're against Barcelona in the final of the Champions League, we can't afford to use inexperienced players," Ricardo said making Cristiano chuckle knowing every one of the players deserved their chance.

"Every player I picked out has potential. If you don't like that, you can leave and then watch the team lifting the trophy," Cristiano said as he finished with his suit before leaving the room so he could talk to the players.

***

Lilliana smiled as she sat down in the front row seats they had gotten for the final of the Champions League in Wembley.

She knew her husband had so many memories in this stadium and she was hoping that he could make a new one today.

"Madre, is he playing today?" Matthew piped up from beside his sister. He was so excited for the match and he hoped his favourite player was on.

"I don't know sweetheart but we'll find out soon," Lilliana said as she kissed the top of her sons head before looking at Hope who was intently watching the field in front of her.

"Something on your mind?" Lilliana asked making her daughter look up and shake her head with a smile on her face.

"Just nervous for them," Hope said making her mother smile and nod her head as the teams began to walk out before Cristiano and the other manager.

Hope and Matthew smiled at their father as he came to stand next to the dugout which was right in front of them.

"Good luck padre!" The two yelled making Cristiano turn around and smile at them. He winked at his wife before turning his attention back to the scene in front of him.

Lilliana looked over at the players and smiled watching number seven removing his team jacket before handing it to the helper.

"He's on!" Matthew cheered as he stood up and watched number seven get into position for the game.

"Come on James!" Matthew yelled making his mother smile as the older brother turned around and winked at his little brother.

"Your son is on the pitch and you're late," Lilliana said as Clarissa sat down next to her with her twin daughters. Sergio had chosen to be the assistant manager since he had claimed he was too lazy to do all the work.

"Well someone had a wardrobe malfunction," Clarissa mumbled as she looked at Giana who was older than Maria by ten minutes.

Lilliana shook her head as she and Clarissa began to laugh; Giana was exactly like her mother and Lilliana knew it would only get worse.

Lilliana couldn't have been happier that her son had been picked for the team and she knew it wasn't Cristiano picking favourites; he was never like that.

***

Lilliana smiled as she watched her son and daughter excitedly rush on to the pitch towards their brother who had played the full ninety minutes.

Real Madrid had beaten Barcelona 4-1 in the game and it was only in extra time after a goal by header from Gerard Ramos in stoppage time brought them up to the extra time played.

James scored another goal by a penalty bringing them up to two and two more goals totalled the four goals.

"Maybe you're a good coach after all," Lilliana mused as she stopped next to her husband who was watching his players run around happily.

"Maybe I am," Cristiano smiled as he kissed his wife's lips and held her close before dipping her over making her squeal in surprise and wrap her arms around his neck.

"I love you," Cristiano whispered against his wife's lips as he continued to hold her close not wanting to let her go.

"I love you too," Lilliana smiled as she brushed her fingers through his hair. She was so happy Real Madrid had won and it reminded her of a match she had seen years ago before her kids were even a thought.

James, Hope and Matthew smiled at their parents across the field knowing they deserved everything they had gotten especially after putting up with the three of them for so many years.

***

Cristiano smiled looking around his back garden at everyone who had come to join his son in celebrating his marriage. Despite Hope being so in love, her boyfriend was pretty slow in popping the question and James had beaten his sister to it, getting married and having a baby.

"Looks like the tradition carried on, Junior looks like you too," Lilliana smiled as she walked over to her husband and month old grandson, Cristiano Ronaldo Junior.

"I told you the Ronaldo's have all the good looks," Cristiano mused as he looked at his wife before smiling down at his grandson who was gazing up at his grandparents. The Portuguese had missed holding children since his last child had been born twenty three years ago.

"I'm sure they do," Lilliana teased as she looked down at her grandson with a smile on her face. She loved having a baby around the house while James and Amy were working and she knew Cristiano adored him as well.

Cristiano smiled at his wife before looking at all of friends and family. Everyone looked so happy and he was so glad everyone could be together and he was sure who ever had passed on was watching over them today.

Cristiano and Lilliana had come a long way since they first started their relationship in Dubai. Hope turned out to be the best mistake they had ever made, she tied them together and was the saving grace in their relationship. The two children they had after her were a blessing and Cristiano or Lilliana would never wish for another family.

Their spell in France was stressful and while it had been short there were times when Cristiano and Lilliana thought their marriage would crumble right before their eyes but they had stayed strong for the sake of Hope and now, they're flying high.

///

Thank you all so much for reading, commenting and voting. You've all been amazing and I love you xx