Chapter 3

After a minute of whole body shut down, I run into my bedroom and slam the door shut. Yanking back the curtains, I fall to the ground breathlessly. My heart beats rapidly and I pace across the room. Am I going crazy? This phantom man, who I don't know, seems to be everywhere. He is following me.

Before coming to conclusions, I re-visit everything that occured today. Firstly, he was in the serum room unaccompanied - which is illegal. Then, he completely dismisses everything I say - again illegal. After, he is watching me on my balcony - could possibly be considered treason - illegal. Heaven knows how long he was watching me for.

Right I have got it now... He has a death wish.

I need to find out who he is. Scavanging my brain for everything I can remember about him, I recall his green, captivating eyes. He had brown hair that swept perfectly to the left. He was a head taller than me and was skinny but looked quite strong. I vividly remember a strong, defined jawline and perfectly straight teeth that were as white as pearls. He walked as though he dominated the whole of Earth. Vaguely I remember that he had a black suit on. Despite my immense fear of him, I have to say he is attractive.

Laying back on my king sized bed, I pull the comforter up to my neck and roll to my side. Why am I being stalked by a model? That was my last thought before I fell asleep.

"I am begging you! Stop!" I sob on the staircase. Heavy fists thud onto my body leaving me with a throbbing pain.
"I told you to have dinner cooked by the time I got home!" My father bellows.
"Daddy, I am 7! I don't even know how to turn the stove on."
"Well you might as well learn!" he says mocking my tone.

He whips off his belt and it meets my back full power. An excruciating pain fills my whole body. My eyes water. After, he lashes my back 7 times and slams the back door shut. Searing pain travels to places I didn't know could ever hurt. I fall to a clump onto the floor and scream. Mummy, Why did you leave me with this beast? Ask God to make it easier for me. I cry a flood...

"Did Martha give you a cookie?" Noah asks.
"Yes, Martha says I am the most adorable 10 year old," I say proudly.
"Everyone! Martha gave this mouse a cookie," Noah shouts maliciously.
All of the children at my orphanage pummel me to the ground and tear the cookie from my hand.
"I thought this was a safe place!" I announce crying.
"It is, only if we like you!" Noah retaliates.
Children begin kicking, punching and slapping me. Pain runs through me.

"Stop! Stop hurting her!" A boy says. He fights the other children off and they run for their rooms. Turning around he offers me his hand and helps me up.
"Thank you!" I say.

My eyes snap awake. The same dream. Who was that boy? I try to muster up every thought I have ever had about any saviours. But the only thing I can remember is green eyes.