Chapter 15

Arianna's POV

I jump to the rythematic knock at my door. I tiptoe to the door and look through the peak hole. To my relieve I see Caleb. Swiftly I fling open door and instantly I notice the tears in his eyes.

"What happened?" I ask trembling.
"We have to execute you," he mumbles not looking me in the eye.
"No," my heart sinks, "just take me back to the castle,"
"I have to kill you," he announces.

If only I had the benefit of hindsight. There is so much I haven't done or experienced.
"Please, I beg you don't kill me. I don't have children and I haven't assassinated my dad and Noah," all my devious plans pour out as I sink to my knees.
"You have one day to live," he says as though he is trying to comfort me.
"What a relief!" I say sarcastically.
"Lets make your last day memorable, we are going to have an indoor picnic," he exclaim.
"Why?" I ask slightly ungratefully.
"because you are not allowed out and I want to spend time with you," he says childishly.

I wait in my room for Caleb who has gone to get food for this silly indoor picnic. I know I should be grateful to Caleb for making an effort with me but I have bigger things to worry about like my certain death.

I pace back and forth in my room which is starting to feel like a prison now. Caleb has been gone for awhile now and I am beginning to get anxious. I bite my nails down to the nail bed and my knees begin shaking. Where on earth are you Caleb?

After 3 hours of heart pounding and anxiousness, there is a knock on the door. Naturally I assume it is Caleb so I fling open the door. The sight the greets me wisps the air from my lungs.

Three men with knives pummel towards me. I scuttle away and jump over the bed. Unfortunately I miss calculate my jump and land with a hard thud on the ground. My head knocks against the corner of the table.
This is how I will go then...
Not aware of the stream pouring from my eyes I say,
"Do it quickly!" The first man leans down and drags me of the ground. As soon as I am stood up I grap his hand and fling him onto the floor.
"That is a little something I learnt from my orphanage!" I scream exhilirated.

However, the man is on his feet in seconds and he charges towards me. Instead of pointless fighting, I cry and beg for my live.

Suddenly all the fighting stops and one man lifts off his face mask. Fear is replaced with anger when I see Caleb.
"I tricked you, I told them to not execute you!" he laughs.
"You pathetic person, you scared me." I cry.
"Language," A man I don't recognise says laughing.
"That was such a cruel trick," I sob.
"Well the pain was real," the man I dropped to the ground says.
I glare at them all.
"I will get you back!" I say emphasizing the will. "Just so you know I don't do empty threats."

All the men laugh and I pout. Caleb walks over to me and puts one arm around me.
"Sorry Princess," he mutters. I ignore his pathetic apology.
"These are my friends, Troy and Jalen," he says pointing to them.
"I think we have established that!" I say sarcastically.
"She is even hotter in person," I hear Jalen whisper. Mortified I scowl at him which brings on a cocky grin.
"Get out!" I demand.

Authors Note
I decided to do a fun chapter. It is kind of rushed but more action to come.
Vote
Comment
Please