Chapter 20

Groggily I trot out of bed for my second day in physical combat. I pull on my uniform carelessly and brush my teeth. I am not in the mood to see anyone and I am definately trying to steer clear of Caleb so I order room service. Initially I wanted to eat a proper breakfast but instead I end up ordering a nutella and strawberry pancake. Within minutes the food arrives at my door and I pay the waitress. I sit silently on the floor and gobble my breakfast, I never really noticed how lonely I am until this morning. Another thing added to my long list of things I need to do but won't do: make a friend.

After breakfast I decide to go back to the immaculate greenhouse. Quickly I pace down the corridors and make my way to where I think the greenhouse is. Instantly - just like the first time - it feels so surreal. I sit in the midst of plants and silently make a list in my head about all my scarlett letters. Maybe my whole life is a scarlett letter.

After minutes the bell which signals the end of breakfast and the beginning of physical combat rings loud in my ears. Indifferently I trodge toward the combat room and try to remind myself to stay calm when I see Mia. I enter the combat room and solitude myself whilst everyone changes into their uniform. I catch Troy's eye a few times but each time he tears his gaze away.

"Today we will be focusing on a harder skill, knife throwing and archery. Now this won't come fast to most of you which is why we will be spending all day on these tasks. Step forward and pick up a set of knives then independantly try to figure it out. I will assist you individually." Troy explains, he lost me at knife throwing.

I dash forward and grab a handful of knives. I move to the far end of the room and begin throwing each knife with precision. I almost forget where I am; it is just me and these knives and a target board. All my hatred for my father, for my situation and for my life redirect and come spitting out with every knife throw. I feel the lactic acid increase in my arm but ignore it. When the pain gets unbearable I throw my knives on the floor and walk out.

I know my legs are leading me to the greenhouse. As I pass the senate room, a voice catches me offguard.

"Hello Princess!" A recogniable voice from behind me purrs. I know this voice anywhere: it spoke ever so lovingly to me for seven years, then it hated me for two years and now I hear the screams of this voice in my nightmares.

I turn around ever so slowly, praying for a miracle. But, no. He is there. Same brown, hard eyes and a rigid, demon smile. Horrible, hooked nose and cigarette smell.

Daddy...

A/N: Thanks for reading! Sorry for the late update, I have been really ill. Vote and Comment
Please