Chapter 26

Before I even have the chance to celebrate getting Caleb back, two hands grasp my upper arm and shove me into a brick wall. My head smashes hard on the rock and a kaleidoscope of colours flit around my vision. I feel repetitive bangs at the back of my head and warm blood trickles down my forehead. As I begin spluttering, I catch a glimpse of Caleb rearranging the man's face.

While I try to catch my breath, Jalen appears and prys his furious friend of the wretched man that attacked me.

Hesistantly I turn to study this peculiar man. Under the blood and rage, I make out a narcissistic, hurt man.

"You, you did this to us!" he shrieks gesturing around him.
"Me," I say weakly.
"Bloody princess, you are the reason for our suffering, poverty and pain. I'll kill you," he spits at me.  
"I haven't done nothing,"  I say dryly.
"Don't play dumb," he snarls.

"Damn it man. Don't bloody touch her again," Caleb growls.
"You, you are suppose to be one of us," the man yells accusingly.
"Listen, hold on. There has been a misunderstanding. Just take us to the rest of them and we will explain," Jalen intervenes.
"How can I trust you?" the man scowls.
"Look, I am Jalen Styles and this is Caleb Windsor. You might know us. You need to take us to the others who are injected with the serum," Jalen says nonchalantly.

The man eyes us for awhile but then gives in.

We follow behind him. My head throbs. I squint my eyes in pain.
"You ok?" Caleb whispers.
"My parents didn't do this," I mutter trying to convince myself more than anyone else.

My parents didn't do this, my parents are good people. They adopted an oppressed orphan, my father comes into town every months and checks the state of the country and my mother provides work for destitute women. This is all some cruel, twisted illusion to attack my country - to attack me.

It's time Princess Arianna, to let go of your fears and your ghosts; trust in your heart. Fight for what you believe in because no one else is going to do it for you.

My feet trudge at a schronized pace as my heart, fast and timid. The walk is agonizingly long and no one speaks a word but I have never heard silence quite this loud. We arrive at some sort of ancient building, it's not much but even I know it is impenetrable.

"Don't leave my side," I say moving into Caleb. He replies with a short nod. Silently we all drift through the shadows, up the stairs and across the hall like demons that lurk under children's bed.

"Just go through that door, everyone is in there. You have real gut coming here, they will kill you. But if its any consolation I admire your courage," the man that attacked me says looking me in the eye full of hate.

I ignore his stinging comment and follow Jalen through the door.

The sight that greets me stops me in my tracks. I stand trying to catch my breath. My heart is pounding so fast, I can hear it in my head.

I barely braced myself for the horror because not even the omniscient one could have anticipated this. Now I know why they lost their minds and fought the wars and why most of them spent their whole lives trying to put it into words. There are no words to justify this living inferno.

Slowly and excruiciatingly I felt a piece of my heart break.

A/N:: I am so sorry I just left it at a cliffhanger.
What do you think is in the room?
Why did her heart break?

I have so much action, so much in general planned for this book.

Just remember from this chapter onward, everything leads to something twisted.

Vote and Comment Please. Don't be a silent reader.
Love ya