Chapter 21

My face twists into rage contorted with fury. But I am defenceless to this man who makes me feel like rubbish. My legs threaten to give way and my heart pounds so hard. This father figure in my life who was suppose to my hero turned out to be the villain instead. I want to shriek vile words but my voice comes out as a squeak,
"Daddy," my voice wavers drastically.

"Oh my baby Katy. I have missed you dearly. It is good that we are on the same side darling," he sasses.
"It's Arianna now!" I say coldly.
"Yes, you have had quite the life. Fancy you living as a royal. Ugly, pathetic Katy - the future queen," he laughs like a hyena.
"When I walked into that combat room, I saw everyone slacking and gossiping. Then I spotted, right at the back, the most focused and concentrated young girl. Don't ask me why but I had a feeling - a hope - that it would be you and I was right." He snarls at me.

"How did you find me?" I bite my lip hard so I don't cry.
"I've always been an insurgent," he smirks.
"But Mum was a royal," I say almost to myself.
"That is my secret, I killed her. I killed Riley. I killed your mother. I killed the neighbour. I killed your best friend. I killed them all." His voice echoes in my brain making everything spin around.

The world is a series of colours that bend in alarming ways. The room spins and suddenly I am not at the insurgent base but in my 7 year old room. I hear the screams I hear every night in my nightmares. I hear the gunshot. The putrid blood stench fills my lungs. The heartache sinks in, making my insides feel heavy. I feel like the only person in the world. Then and only then I watch it all fade away. All the pain, agony and sorrow dissolve and it is replace with fury.

I yank the knife from my boot and lunge it straight at my father. It lands deeply into his left hand and blood smears everywhere.
"Pathetic throw," he spits in pain. My face is inches away from my fathers,
"If I wanted to murder you, I would," I say dangerously quietly. Next I walk out.

At first I walk through the maze that is the hall, then I start sprinting and finally the tears pour down. The funny thing is I don't try to stop the tears, I let them drop. To be honest I have no clue what I am doing, all I know is I am running, running from the beast.

I don't stop until I collide into something or someone. The tears in my eyes blind me so I can barely make out this person.
"Arianna, what happen?" his voice asks desperately. Something barely audible, barely english escapes my lips. Caleb wraps his arm around me and leads me to the greenhouse. Clutching tightly onto his arms, I realise I only truly feel safe when he is around.

"Arianna, what happened to you?" he asks once we are in the greenhouse. I shuffle closer to him and bury my face into his shirt. I cry my eyes out into Caleb's shirt whilst he places one arm around me and waits patiently.

After 15 minutes of tears, I finally speak.
"Caleb, my daddy is here," my voice lets out a cracked squeak. Caleb's eyes widen in shock and I see anger flash but he conceals it fast.
"Well, kick his ass," Caleb lets out. With those three words I laugh hysterically because after all this he doesn't treat me like a lost puppy. He doesn't give me sympathy or look at me like he pities me. I don't need anyone's pity.

"Thank you, Caleb! You make me feel happy and wanted. Thank you for everything you have done for me." I show my gratitude as I throw my arms around his neck.

Slowly and steadily Caleb wraps both his arms around my waist and I feel an electrified jolt. I shudder at the impact and then accept the warm feeling of Caleb's hands. If only I could have his lips aswell.

"What's your dad called?" Caleb breaks my thoughts.
"Calvin West," I mutter through gritted teeth.
"Wait, what is your name?" Caleb questions.
"Arianna Swift," I say in an obvious tone.
"No, your real name,"
"Arianna Caitlyn Swift,"
He raises both his eyebrows at me.
"Fine, Caitlyn West," I breathe. "But I prefer to be Arianna Caitlyn Swift."

Caleb nods but he looks as though he is debating something in his head.
"Arianna, will you go on a date with me?" Caleb asks almost nervously.

My jaw drops to the ground. Play it cool, Arianna.
"Yes, I suppose so," I say slightly ecstatically. Caleb winks at me and walks out. Maybe leaving out the part that my dad murdered my mother was a good idea. But I won't spare him.
A/N: Hope you enjoyed this long chapter.
Please don't be a silent reader. Vote and Comment.