Chapter 28

I sit on the curb of the pavement and mindlessly twist a knife in my hand. The surrated curve of the blade and the angelic metal shimmers in my hand. The handle is dotted with studed rubies. It's quite shocking how something so beautiful and seemingly innocent could be that lethal. But what different am I to the knife? How fast did it take me to become ruthless when I threw a knife at Jalen? Or when I pointed my gun at Caleb? I'm no different to everyone else.

Everything feels so inconsequential to me. I feel like a waste of space. I know these people need my but I can't help feeling like I'm camouflaged. How'd we end up this way? I muttered to myself.

"Hey, I brought you some food, you haven't eaten in a while," Caleb says with a plate full of food.
"No thanks," I decline hostilely.
"You need to eat," Caleb instructs.
"I told you I don't want to," I repeat myself.
"Arianna damn it just eat," he said with a different inflection.
"I'm scared Caleb, what happens now? What happens when this is all over? Who do I trust? What if we win what happens? What if their win what happens? Will I ever see my friends? Will I still be a princess?"

Suddenly I am rudely interrupted when Caleb crashes his lips onto mine. His warm breath tickles my chin as our lips interlock and move in sync. Shutting off the rest of the world I am surprised to find out that even I am kissing him back. Slowly Caleb pulls away and smiles so big it eaches his eyes.

"You don't know how long I've been craving for that," he let out a breath.
"But you were ignoring me all these days," I accuse.
"Yes, I thought my feelings would disappear if I tried to forget you but they haven't instead they are growing." Caleb told me.
"Caleb, I like you aswell. But everything is so hazy for me right now," I said.
"I know which is why I'll wait for you even if I'm waiting forever," my heart melts slightly.

"I need to ask you something, if I ever did something unforgivable would you ever care about me again?" Caleb asked and I don't know if it is my imagination but I saw fear in Caleb's eyes.
"I don't think I'll ever stop caring about you, you've become a major part in my life." I said looking him in the eye.

We sit in silence for awhile not the awkward kind but the peaceful and surreal silence that you get by sitting close to someone who holds a big piece of your puzzle also known as heart.

I feel like I'm not going to get a peaceful silence like this for awhile because tommorow it's time. Time for me to take on my parents.

This is a boring, filler chapter. But I felt something had to happen between Caleb and Arianna so they kissed. What????asdfghjkl

Shoutout to my bestest friend ever @everlark2001 . Thank you for making me the most amazing cover ever.

Like what the heck???? The highest ranking for Edge of Destruction is #172 like I never that I would even get into the rankings so thank you so so so so so so so much for your support. It means the world to me. I know for sure that we can read #1 one day and I'll be so proud and happy that day, I just can't fathom it so thank you. Love you till the sun dies...

Share your thoughts. Vote and comment.