Chapter 37

Arianna's POV

After patching up my throbbing weals and cuts, I sink to the ground. How can humanity be so cruel? It's fair to say that I've lost all hope in happy endings, everybody I love is dead or wants me dead. I think the only person who sussed me out was Caleb.

I loved you so much Caleb, I want to show you how proud I am to call you mine. I want to feel the warmth of your breath, fanning my cheeks. But you've gone to another world, you left me and you went. I loved you and I will love you for a thousand years.

Unconsiously the tears slip down, one by one, until there is a flood of pain and agony. The feeling where you are so overwhelmed with pain that you don't think that you will ever be happy again.

I loved my parents. Even now after I know about their heinous crimes, I still love them. How do you unlove someone who saved you from everything, who once was your everything? After torture I still love them maybe that's why it hurts so much. I will live through the memories over and over because they are all I have left.

I think I still love my biological father. After he abused me, murdered my mother and tried to kill me. Those years when he was a good dad play in my head everytime I want to hate him. He has a hole where his heart is but for the love of a daughter he put down his bottle even if it was just once.

Why does nobody I love stay?

Instantly I swat away the tears as I hear the quick steps of someone trotting down the stairs.

"Selena!" I whisper.
"Shh, here I brought you food," she says handing me a platter.
"I need you to do me a favour. Either you or Sam has to go to the insurgent base," I say.
"What? We can't do that," she gasps.

"Please, you need to tell Caleb, no Caleb's dead, tell Jalen, Jalen Styles that I'm alive. Please," I plead.
"I don't know what is going on. But for you I'll do anything. I'm distracting the King and Queen so I'll send Sam," she says before rushing out the dungeon.
"Thank you," I shout.

Maybe I could still do this. Make it out of here alive, destroy everyone who destroyed me. I hear clicking on the stairs followed by marching.

The queen.

I throw myself to the ground and pretend to sit nonchalantly.
"My poor child, you are so undernourished," she patronises.
"Go away," I mutter.
"Are you going to tell me what you know? After yesterday I presume you will," she cackles.
"You could rip out my soul and even then I wouldn't speak," I say bitterly.
"Fine, if that is how it's going to be, I sentence you to die," she shouts.

I sentence you to die.

"Tommorow at midday, you will be publicly hung for treason. Tommorow you shall die at my mercy," she screeches.
"I guess the stories are true, step mothers are truly evil," I shout.
"I loved you," the queen screams.
"and I loved you," I scream.
"But this is how it has to be," she says quietly.

She disappears as quickly as she came.

I sentence you to die.

I guess my story will be over tommorow. I will die tommorow.

-------------------/----------/----------------/------

Authors Note:-

This stuff is getting pretty intense. Ahhhhhh she's going to die.

Lets have a vote all those think Arianna's going to get hung comment Dead.
Those who think she is not going to get hung comment alive.

Please vote and comment and stay tuned because more Edge of Destruction coming your way.