Chapter 34

Caleb's POV

My eyes shoot open after the dreadful nightmare I just lived through but I find no relieve in waking up. My body sways as Jalen parks the car.

"I would have drove, if you needed a rest," my voice comes out hoarse.
"No, you look trashed and I'm sorry. I am. Arianna got out the car because of me. I'm the reason she's dead. Don't even deny it but I know you love her," Jalen says sorrowfully.
"I do, I really do love her. But I screwed it up. I never told her and now she's gone. Jalen, I need her like oxygen," I say on the brink of breaking down.

"What would Arianna want? She would want you to finish off what she died for." Jalen tells me.
"I will, I'll end this for her. Hopefully I'll die in the process so I can be with her," the last bit comes out in a waver.

When we get back to base, the shock that greets me stops me in my track. Everything is destoyed. Completely ransacked. Dead insurgents decorate the floor with their crimson blood trailing in patterns. Top secret folders have been burnt to ash. Everything we owned, worked.for has been demolished so easily.

"Mia, what happened?" I ask a girl who clutches a bloody cloth to her arm.
"The royals they came. Destroyed everything. Killed everyone. Some of us hid, others got away but most of us are dead." She informs in between the hot tears pouring from her eyes.
"Jalen, go to the office. I have to find Meredith and Roxanne," I say almost shaking.

Running through the familiar hallways, I shout at the top of my lungs for my sisters. I probably look like a madman but I have so much to loose. Breaking doors, shoving into people, searching through rooms and destroying items I think I see them.

In the distance I see Meredith's yellow coat. She is kneeling down next to a girl laying on the pavement - Roxanne.
"Roxanne, Meredith, Roxanne," I scream catching Meredith's attention.

Then I see it. My dead sister. Laying in the pavement lifelessly.

"Meredith, what happened?" I scream shaking her violently.
"I-I don't k-know, they came and the s-s-shot her," my little sister says sobbing her eyes out.
"Who came?"
"T-t-they had red and armour on,"

Royals.

This war wasn't meant to be personal, we just wanted rights. Now, Caleb Hart needs vengeance. Roxanne, Troy, Arianna, insurgents and citizens. The royals have to pay the price of bloodshed.

"Caleb, what happened? I miss Roxanne," Meredith's tiny voice lisps.
"I do too," I say, "Roxanne has gone to a better place. She's watching you from the clouds and she says don't cry. I'm your big brother. I promise I'll protect you."

Everything just stops for a moment. I grasp Meredith in my arms and hug her tight. She sobs into my shirt and I sob into her little dress. We stay in that position all evening until we both feel numb.

Now I need vengeance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note:-

So who was expecting that?
On the bright side Caleb's alive.
But Arianna thinks Caleb's dead and Caleb thinks Arianna's dead. Oohh snap!

What do you think should happen? Do you like this book?

This is a bonus chapter to thank all my readers who are just all in. Your votes and your comments make me smile. I don't have everything in life but I find a solace in writing away from my screaming world and I want to thank you so much.

Edge of Destruction is #98 in adventure. Do you have any idea what that means to me. I literally squealed and jumped around because of how happy I am. I love you guys so much!!!!. Thank you.

Please vote and comment and recommend to other wattpad users.

Thanks
Buh bye.