Chapter 25

The gravel beneath my foot gives way with every moving footstep. Towering, wreckages hover over me like monsters from my worst nightmares. The stench of human waste and metal suround me. The biting air leaves goosebumps running up my arms.

My face has fear written all over it. Head swaying, heart pounding and knees knocking are just a few of my symptoms. The worst part is I can't even tear my eyes from the horror.

All of a sudden, I feel a knock. The impact is so hard that I stumble forward a few paces but manage to steady myself before meeting ground to face.

"Jalen!" I shriek angrily.
"You look scared, I was just trying to lighten the mood," he says in between laughs.
"Well I am not scared, I'm mad," I glare at him.
"That's an improvement," he says sarcastically.

"Stop! Both of you, we are here," Caleb cuts in. I don't know why but Caleb has been hostile and ignorant towards me for the past few weeks. Actually since the interupted kiss, he has been slightly off with me. I make a mental note to talk to him about it later. But right now, I need him, more than I have ever needed him.

Noticing Jalen, Troy and the other man have speeded up leaving Caleb and me at the back, I lock my fingers around Caleb's wrist and turn him towards me.
"I don't know why you are avoiding me but I need you," I say as firmly as I can.
"I am not avoiding you," he mumbles.
"Caleb, I need you. More than people need water, more than the earth needs the sun. I need you, promise me that you will stand by me atleast today," I say almost pleading.
"I will stand by you forever," he says searching my eyes.

I release a breath that I didn't realising I was holding. I feel light and less scared now. A weight has been lifted of my shoulders. Maybe because I have Caleb back and I can take on the world with him.

A/N: This is a really short chapter. Sorry. I did want to make it long but I have exams and revision and I do need to prioritise. I wanted to get something up for you.

Also, I am not going to be uploading all my books after this week until 17/06/2016. That is when my exams are ending.

The schedule of my updating will continue after the 17/06/2016.

Thanks for understanding!
Amina
15Princess04