Chapter 30

Horrified my face twists into rage contorted with fury. My eyes focus on the inferno that my glass window sheilds me from. How can humans be so inhumane? I'm consious of the torture but I'm halfway dead. 

Through the window my brain captures soldiers. Soldiers of the royals, who were always considered noble men, beating and mutilating innocent people.

Batons, whips and metal clubs repeatedly whizzing through the air until there find their target. Doubled over people scrambling away holding in blood pouring from their wounds. The unfortunate ones screaming in agony as pain meets them over and over. These people have become friends with pain.

Blood poured down because they tried to do something worthwhile. It embraced the ground just like the blood of their late ancestors. Smearing red everywhere.

I'm consious but I'm halfway dead.

But what revives me is so unexpected like a stab to the gut. Like a knife to the back. Like a burn from hell. My father.

All dressed up in his satin with his beard freshly cut. The face I used to kiss every night has changed into a face with pure hatred. All this time he told me he had work to do with the citizens, he was here treating them like animals. I was so oblivious to it. I could've helped them but I didn't because I'm selfish and corrupt just like the rest of the royals and everyone knows it. Well, it's time for me to do the only thing that matters.

Without a second thought I thrust open the car door and run like my life depends on it. Probably because it does. My eyes scan for any predators and a soldier approaches me with a metal club. Instantly, like any trained knife user, I reach down and fling it at him. Judging by how he collapsed I'm guessing it was fatal.

I reach down and unlock my fully loaded gun. My jelly like legs seem to be taking me to one person. My dad - the king. Only one thought occupies my brain and that is vengeance.

"Hello father," I snarl as I aim my gun at his temple.
"Arianna, what? We've been searching for you," he gasps.
"You betrayed me," I scream.
"You know nothing so keep your mouth shut," he says through gritted teeth.
"I know everything about the serum, you're a torturer," I shriek.

"Arianna, stop because if you want to play dirty, I will ruin you,"
"What, like these people. Stop this madness," I say.
"My sweet innocent daughter, you've become one of them now which means you're not on our side. You have to die," he snarls.
"Funny because I'm the one with the gun," I laugh.
"Well, I am the one with the brain," he laughs.

He clicks his fingers and two guards appear with a bloody man slumped on their shoulders. The man's face is covered with a black sheet. But I recognise something about his body. However, all my doubts are cleared when the black sheet is removed and a fierce Caleb is shown.

"Now that, that's cleared. Put the gun down or he dies," the king smirks.
"Arianna, kill him," Caleb shouts.
"Your choice," the king adds.
"Don't worry about me, kill him," Caleb screams.

It's either end the war that the insurgents have been fighting or save my love. Wait, did I just say my love? Yes because I would sacrifice myself and the war for Caleb because unknowingly I have fallen in love with him. With that thought the metal from the gun clanks on the floor.

A/N-
Asdfghjkl
What do you think?
Please comment your thoughts I really want to know super badly.
Comment your theories on what should happen.
Don't worry I don't bite.
Don't be a silent reader.

Oh oh oh, for those of you who don't know I have made a joint account called @aminaandzaina and we have made a joint book so show support and check it out.

Very very very important::;;:
I am going on holiday abroad next week so there will be no update from all of my books only for that week. Updates will continue starting from Wednesday , the week begining 25/07/2016. However I will try to slot in an Edge of Destruction chapter but probably not on Monday. I'm so sorry. I'll make the next chapter long and one worth waiting for and I'll even do a bonus chapter. Thank you for your consideration.

Vote and comment please
Love you till the sun dies.