Chapter 6

I remember when I was playing in the woods: when I was 7 years old. I climbed to the top of a tree. Suddenly the branch smashed and I slammed into the ground with a thud. The impact wisped every bit of air from my lungs. I was unable to cry, scream or move. That is exactly how I am feeling now. It is not until I see his green eyes that I get out of my immoblie state.

All I know is this man kidnapped me and his motive is to hurt me. Before I can stop myself I lunge forward and rake my finger nails across his face - no one should underestimate the damage done by fingernails. He clutches his cheek and violently yells vile words at me.

"Who are you?" I scream over him. "Why have you kidnapped me?"
"Your going to regret this," he snarls whilst gesturing to his face.
"You have kidnapped the princess. You are a deadman walking," I say slightly laughing.
"I have always been a deadmam!" he chuckles.
This is ok, I have lighten the atmosphere maybe he will let me live today.
"They will find me, if you let me go I swear on my crown I won't tell anyone what happened."
"Sorry, Princess!" he sarcastically says.
"What are you going to do with me?" I practically beg.

He walks over and turns my chin so I am staring into his cheshire cat green eyes. He moves my face side to side as if he is studying me. Our faces are inches apart and his eyes slightly narrow.

Meanwhile, I spot a gun a few centimetres to my left. Subtly I lean over and lock my hands around the handle.
"Stop! Take me home now!" I demand pointing the gun at his chest. His expression takes me aback; he is not scared or even hesitant. Instead he laughs.
"What? Am I doing something wrong?" I stand bewildered.
"You really are something, Princess. That gun has got no bullets in it. But respect to your bravery!" he looks somewhat impressed. But I can't decide if he is genuinely impressed or condescendingly grinning either way I don't care.

"What are the Insurgents?" I blurt out. This is my problem; I just say anything that is in my head and I never learn my lesson. Even though last time I blurted something out two people were executed - something about a crime. Maybe I am just dumb. No not dumb - outspoken. Well my 'outspoke' quality has probably just cost me my life. Why did I open my big mouth?

"Well, your not nearly as thick as I thought you were," he gives a cocky grin. In that moment I know I have seen him before; before the serum room but I can't remember where from. Something about the shade of his eyes. But I have already said a dumb thing I am not risking another.
"Nearly as thick! What does that mean?" I yell annoyed.
"Calm, Your majesty!" he sarcastically purrs, "they always said she was a pampered princess with no talent." Ouch!
"Well they don't know anything!" I emphasize they.
"I believe they don't," he mutters, "to stop escapes and anymore clownish behaviour," he gestures to his face, "I am going to handcuff you."

Handcuffs, not handcuffs. Anything but handcuffs. I have a special malice for handcuffs ever since Noah handcuffed me to a tree that had a wasps nest in it. I guess it's not fair to hate on handcuffs because of Noah but that is just the way the cookie crumbles.

Leaning over me, he tightens the handcuffs and leaves the room. Just like that he is gone. Now is the scary part I am all alone with my thoughts and memories. Before my mind rushes to my memories I begin to hum.

Slowly I drift off and eventually I am knocked out like a deadwomen.

I really hope you enjoyed the chapter!! I had tests this week so the update was a bit late. Nevertheless it is here!
I love my Taylor Swift references in this.