Chapter 29

The plan for today is simple. From what I have been told the leaders of the insurgent groups and me are to sit together and pile up battle plans. But then again I am never kept in the loop. Recently I have been moping around, being indifferent and visiting the families of serum sufferers.

Currently I am lingering through the boulevards of the town. The comparison between where the royals enjoy their luxuries and where our people live is atrocious. Scattered shards of glass and a smell in the air that reminds me of death and dismayal. Shuddering I brush it off instantly.

Lingering through the area I end up stalling and meandering. Until something quite peculiar happens. A group of cars, one after the other, park silently and eeriely on the outskirts. I camoflauge myself in a nearby bush and watch curiously.

A sum of twelve cars each filled to the brim with six heavily armed men with a red and silver uniform. As a man turns around I spot a crest. Our crest - the crest of the royals.

My eyes widen and my mouth gawps up and down like fish. My heart pounds rapidly and knees begin to knock constantly. What are they doing here? More importantly do they know I'm here? My heart sinks when I see someone.

My father - the king. The man responsible for all this suffering, I'll throttle him when I get the chance.

Speedily I rush through the bushes as silently as I hid. Knowing that I have to warn the insurgents of this new enemy I run back to the camp.

Stumbling and panting for about ten minutes, in the distance I catch a glimpse of Caleb's sleek brown hair. When I reach him I mumble something incoherently and pant hard.

"What?" Caleb questions.
"R-r-r-r-royals, o-o-on the outskirts," I breathe.
"What? Dammit! Royals! Shit," Caleb curses, "Go find Jalen in the camp, he's taking you back to Roxanne and Meredith, tell Troy to meet me."
"But what about you?" I gasp hysterically.
"I have to save as much people as I can and find out why they are here," he exclaims.
"Please stay alive," I kiss his cheek fast and run.

One foot infront of the other, pacing monotonously at an outragingly fast pace I feel the adrenaline pulse through me. Nothing has kept me this high before. No oxygen reaches my lungs and I continously respire anaerobically.

When I reach the camp I feel hazy and light headed but with one thought - royals. A brunette boy pops infront of my vision.

"Jalen, royals. Here royals." I mumble incoherently.
"What the hell Arianna? Explain it clearly," he snaps.
"I saw royals here. Caleb says you have to take me to Roxanne and Troy has to meet Caleb, doofus," I exclaim snarkily.
"Shit," he says running his fingers through his hair.

The next moments are hazy. A mixture of Jalen swearing and the rest of the insurgents arming themselves.

Instantly he grabs my wrist and throws me into a car. He leaps into the driver's seat and slams the doors shut forcefully. Aggresively he rams his foot down on the accelarater and begins speeding away. But not fast enough...

A/N - Cliffhanger
Sorry for the late chapter.
Atleast there is lots of action
Next chapter on Monday.

Vote and Comment
Bye.