Chapter 4

"Your Majesty, your mother is waiting for you at the breakfast table," Veronica, my maid, tells me.

It doesn't matter how hard I try, it will always be an arduous task for me to wake up in the morning. My bed is so comfy and the air out there is so cold. Grumbling into my pillow, I drag myself out of bed.

Quickly I change into a light blue top and roll up my sleeves to about my elbow. I pair it with black skinny jeans that end just above my ankles. I add a floral bandana to my hair and curl the ends. To finish my outfit of I add a black side bag and a pair of black high heels. Running to my dressing table, I add make - up to my face. I rush through the foundation and lip gloss but pay special attention to my eye liner. It is hard to believe but Princesses have casual days aswell.

Strolling down the stairs I join my mother at the dinner table.
"Hi Mum, how are you?" I say wrapping my arms around her.
"Arianna, posture!" she exclaims.
"Mum, I know about all that posture stuff but today you are going to let me live. Ok?" I say slightly harshly.
"Yes I am sorry darling,"
"No problem!"

I grab an apple and rush to my Dad's office.
"Daddy, I am going out today. Can I please have some money?" I say as cutely as I can.
"Certainly Princess," he says pushing a wad of £50 notes in my hand. I hug him tight and give him a kiss on the cheek.

Taking a huge bite out of my apple, I toss it in the bin. Today is going to be a good day. I skip down the drive and hop into a car I could have taken the limo or even the private jet but today is my casual day.
"Damien, Allison's house," I say to the driver.
"Yes, your Majesty!" he replies.
"No, just Ari today,"
"Ok Ari," he says grinning.

I place my ear phones in my ears. Allison's house is about 45 minutes away, she isn't exactly the most affluent person.

So it's gonna be for ever or it's gonna go down in flames
You can tell me when it's over
If the high was worth the pain
Got a long list of ex - lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane
But you know I love the players and you love the game.

I have loved Taylor Swift ever since I was 11. People haven't always been there for me but she has. She has a song for every phase of my life. I remember when my mum died I listened to Safe and Sound on repeat and cried for months.

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be
Safe and Sound

A single tear rolled down my face and I wipe it away quickly. No today I am going go be happy. I look out the window and daydream.

"Your Majesty - we are outside Selena's house, Would you like me to wait for you?" Damien says.
"Actually, why don't you go to a cafe and have something to eat? I'll call you when I need you," I say giving him £20.00.

I knock on the door of Selena's house then hide behind the wall. Her mum opens the door and peers around. At that moment I jump out and she screams in shocked.
"Arianna, I am not my young self anymore. You'll be the death of me," she says laughing.
"Is Selena at home?" I ask.
"Yes," she answers and lets me in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I always loved this meadow," I say.
"I know, we used to always play here when we were little. Remember when we played weddings and families?" She says laughing slightly.
"Yup, I remember it all too well," I say.
"I miss when it was just us in the orphanage." She says which catches me offguard.
"Why? We have everything now. Plus, no Noah!" I say with bitterness on my tongue.
"I suppose,"
Looking around the meadow I realise it hasn't changed.

Out of the corner of my eyes I spot a car. A car that has been following me ever since I left the castle this morning. The window rolls down. My heart beats rapidly. It's the green eyed man. After he smirks at me he drives away swiftly.

"Can I trust you?"
"What sort of dumb question is that?"
"I need to tell you something really secretive." I whisper.
Then I tell Selena everything. From the ballroom, to the serum room, to watching me on the balcony, to the dream and finally the car.

"Wow," she exclaims "Well I heard my sister's boyfriend talking to someone on the phone. He was saying that the people in the Kingdom have groups called the insurgent groups. Apparently, they want to take down the royal family."
"That's impossible!" I almost scream "the serum stops this."
"That is exactly what I thought but then I did a little digging." she carries on "The serum is administered to people over 18. So they are using children to get information. Once they have enough information... They are planning to attack."
"Then why am I being followed?" I ask.
"Either he is infactuated with your beauty or he is an insurgent. But you can't tell anyone this?" she say bluntly.
"Mmm," I reply
"No one, Ok?"
"Ok!" I say.