Epilogue (Part 2)

Caleb's POV

It's been fifteen years since I died. The other side is a sanctuary where all the dead souls get washed from the agony, suffering and bitterness. They come out clean like a baby. Each soul gets to pick a human to be a guardian angel for. Arianna's biological mum is her guardian angel so I chose little Roxy.

In heaven things work differently. God created Little Roxy's soul to be mine and Arianna's child when I died she become Meredith's child. Stragically she was placed near Arianna.

Eventhough I'm not Arianna's guardian angel I still watch her. I break when she breaks down, I smile when she smiles and I make her life easier for her. Up on cloud nine, I still love her with all my heart and as promised I'm waiting to marry her.

I'm with Roxanne, Jalen and Troy up here. It's different seeing them up here: so relaxed, so happy and so alive.

Currently all the dead souls are mingling but I watch the crack between the alive and dead. Slowly it begins to tear open and like every other time, I stand and watch, wishing and praying. The figure of a girl makes it's way to me. My breath stops, the girl of my dreams. Arianna.

"Caleb, you're here. I've been waiting for you forever. I missed you so much," she cries in joy. As practiced a million times, I kneel to the ground and pull out a box.
"Will you marry me, Arianna?" I say.
"Yes, for a eternity," she replies. For once I feel euphoric, truly tranquil.

Even if it takes a million light years, every star finally aligns.

---------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note:-

Ahhhhhh the last chapter.
Comment your thought.
Vote