Chapter 5

During the car ride back to the castle, my mind buzzes with all this new information I have just learnt. How could anyone keep such a big secret from me? Why would anyone want to overthrow the royal family? I can't imagine anything that the royal family have done to anger the citizens. I know I am really charitable to the poor. I wonder if Mother and Father know about the Insurgents. Probably not, or Father would have executed them by now. Should I tell them?

Another question pops into my mind. Why is this green - eyed man following me? If he wanted information regarding the kingdom or serum then he would have been better of following Mother or Father. The only thing I do is Taylor Swift, books and youtube. I don't suppose my obsession with The Hunger Games is going to get him anywhere in his mission. I know the same amount as a dead fish when it comes to the kingdom.

Also, why are these people after the serum? The serum is to do us good and it has been doing this kingdom good for the last 125 years. Most people I know say they are priviledged to be injected. So why try to resist the serum?

All of a sudden I am thrown forward and hit my head hard on the seat. The impact causes my vision to blur and I can hear noises from every direction. Gingerly my hand wavers above my head. Slowly I place my hand on my head and feel a warm, thick liquid. Bringing my hands in my line of sight I spot blood oozying everywhere.

Then I feel the second impact; it is not as hard but I am still jolted forward. Red liquid smears everywhere. The world begins to bend in alarming ways. I hear a long, high - pitched screech that never breaks for breath; I have a feeling it might be me. Scared and disoriented I muster up one thought - insurgents. After that I fall into a sleep like death.

Mummy! I say running up to her. She is dressed in pure white and has a smile that lights up her face. "Mummy!" I hug her tight. She kisses my cheeks and spins me around.
"Mummy! I have been dying to see you!" I say. "Where are we?"
"This is the border between your world and mine," she states in an angelic voice.
"What do your mean? Am I not dead yet?"
"No baby girl. Your still alive it is not your time yet," she says softly.
"I don't want to go back," I cry.
"We only have a few minutes left together. You need to know that I am your guardian angel I have always been here protecting you - watching you. You need to be strong from now on. You're going to have some tough times but I will be here." She explains to me as she slowly fades away.
"Mummy! No! Wait! No!" I scream trying to keep her with me.

My eyes shoot open. Panting I analyse where I am. I'm in a big room that has a bed with blue blankets. Males aftershave greets my nose. Males aftershave! My heart almost skips a beat. The weight of the world is on my shoulders.
Your going to have some tough times.
Right I have been kidnapped. I am going to get murdered. Or even tortured. Perhaps I will get held for ransom; this wouldn't be the first time I was held for ransom - long story.

The door clicks. Instantly I stop breathing and roll back onto the floor. I snap my eyes shut.
"I don't care! She was hit by a damn car. No! No. Of course she is still asleep. Mmmm. Ok! Ok. You know what I don't care. I will call you after!" a voice aggressively shouts. I hear a sigh and foot steps approach me.
"Are you ever going to get up? You know you have caused me so much trouble!" a voice shouts at me. He walks away.

Immediately I get up and search the room. I need to find a way out. This psychopath will probably slaughter me. I rummage through the drawers. But my search is in vain. I pull back the bed covers and leave them on the floor.

I mentally pat myself on the back. A phone! I jump onto the bed and switch it on.

"Glad to see you're up, Sleeping Beauty!" a deep, raspy voice behind me mocks.

Actions! Lots of Action! I literally can't wait to post the next chapter. This story took a quick turn didn't.
Who do you think kidnapped her?

Updates will be every week now!
Hope you enjoy the chapter and don't go insane waiting for the next one. Lol
Amina
15Princess04
12/03/2016