Chapter 42

Arianna's POV

I land on my hands and knees, barely breathing. Physically worn out and emotionally dead, I freeze. Afraid that if I look up, the horror might kill me. For a moment time stands still and there is nothing but my mosiac broken heart. The numbness settles in and I can't do anything. Unfortunately all good things must come to an end.

Gingerly I look up and the image my brain captures is so casually cruel in the name of being honest. Just when I thought I felt enough pain, this tops it up. The barbaric pain, I feel in my heart is enough to break a person.

How does it feel to loose the person who is your everything?

"Caleb, Caleb, don't move," I scream frantically. Pulling out my knife, I slice of his shirt to get a good look at the wound.
"Arianna, stop," he says weakly.
"No, Caleb. There has to be a way to fix this, I won't ever give up on you," I sob.
"Please, I'm not going to live. Just hold me tight," he pleads.
"I love you," I cry whilst placing his head on my knees.
"I didn't want to leave you," he says.

"How'd we end up like this? Broken, bloody, bruised," I ask.
"This is war, people have to die for the greater good. Promise ne you won't let mine, Jalen, Troy and Roxanne's lives go to waste," He envelopes my hands in his.

"I promise, promise me you won't ever leave me," I murmur.
"You'll always be in my heart, even when on the other side, I'll wait for the day you join me. Open my pocket," he states.

Frantically I devulge into his pocket - thinking a miracle would happen - instead my hand is met with a navy blue box. I place the box into his hand and he smiles weakly.
"I was going to marry you after all this, if we won the war I would've proposed," he says gently.

I'm going ballistics. I'm on the edge of destruction. The tears gush out of my eyes like oceans. My breathing is rapid. I clutch onto Caleb tight.

"Then propose to me," I beg.
"But I'm dying," he says bewildered.
"People who get engaged eventually get married and I'll wait a lifetime for you," I cry.
"Princess Arianna Caitlyn Swift, will you do me the greatest honour and make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" Caleb asks smiling.
"With all my heart," I state.

He slides the ring onto my finger. As he is doing so I watch as eyes dilate, his temples subside and his breathing stop.

"I love you, Arianna!" He murmurs with his last breath and falls into a slumber which he will never be aroused from.
"I l-l-love you Caleb, forever and always," I say bawling my eyes out. A huge chunk of my heart has been ripped out and thrown straight at my face. My mouth opens and a strangled scream escapes it, I throw rocks, knives and sticks until I'm too numb to do anything. Then I just sit.

If I could do all these last few months of kidnapping and agony again, I would do them in a heartbeat. Only because I had Caleb with me, the light of my soul. If this was a fairytale, you'd be here with me.

The red ruby from my ring glistens in the evening sun, I want to marry you Caleb. In another life, I would be your girl. In another life I would make you stay. You was the best part of me.

Authors Note

Ahhhhh I am done. I am dead just the feels. I can't contain the emotions. Ahhhhh
Let me know what you think.

Guess what? WITH YOUR SUPPORT EDGE OF DESTRUCTION HAS REACHED NUMBER 38 IN ADVENTURE.

WITH ALL MY HEART THANK YOU SO MUCH.