Chapter 23

Caleb's POV

For a moment everything feels empty. I catch a glimpse of Arianna's royal blue dress and then she is out of sight as though she never existed. But she does and my mind plays back her laughter and her scowl. Every waking thought is consumed by her and every sleeping dream is her.

I told myself don't get attached but my heart fell way too hard for her. I could easily plan for a change in the weather and day but I never planned on falling for her. But I can't be in love. I don't even know what love is.

I know exactly why she ran. She doesn't understand her heart and there are a million thoughts in her mind. She doesn't believe in love and I don't blame her.

But I have bigger problems than my love life. I am two months away from my 18th birthday, my injection day. By then, the rebellion should have started. I need to make Arianna cooperate with us. It seems as though I am just using her and maybe I am. It started out as a plan and I lied to her so many times but along the way she made that love real.
Did I just say love? No, I don't love her.

Maybe I like her alot.

A/N: This was a short chapter but more action to come. The next chapter takes a turn.

Update Schedule
Monday - Edge of Destruction
Wednesday - Dear Death Diary
Sunday- Two different worlds.

Vote and Comment please.