Chapter 41

Caleb's POV

I know I won't be able to fight all the soldiers of, not with their armour and expensive weapons with them. The first soldier reaches us within seconds, I shove my foot into his abdomen and he falls to the ground. Three more soldiers reach us, I throw a punch to the first one unfortunately it misses and the soldier gives me a blow to the face. Stumbling backwards I see Arianna stab two soldiers simultanoesly with both hands.

Dozen more soldiers close in and I know fighting will be futile.

"Surrender!" The king bellows. My hands begin to move upwards as a form of surrender.

All of a sudden, gunshots from the left, ring out. Royal soldiers crash down, one by one, falling into their inevitable deaths. Confusion flashes on the King's face. Insurgents. They've got here. It's all in the timing.

"Arianna, the Insurgents are here. We need to get out of here," I state.
"No, I want to help them fight," she argues.
"You've been through torture, you need to rest. Besides the insurgents need you alive," I yell.
"Ok, where do we go?" She asks.

My eyes dart from side to side, scanning the area. Spotting a huge woodland, I whisper to Arianna,
"We'll hide in the wood."

Sprinting through the bloodshed and agony, Arianna and I rush through the mass murder. A knife whizzes past us which indicates to me that we've caught the attention of soldiers. Four sturdy soldiers dart towards us. Weaponless and defenceless, Arianna and I continue running. One of the soldiers is brought down from behind.

"Jalen," I shout.
"Go, I'll cover you," he yells.
"No, Jalen," Arianna screams.
"Just go," Jalen demands.

We follow his orders and continue running. Although, I turn around and catch a glimpse of Jalen, bloody and bruised, being dragged to the ground with an axe sinking into his heart repeatedly.

Another person, who I'll never stop owing, I could spend a lifetime trying to pay back the debt but everything I do will be a fraction of what Jalen has done for me. With salted cheeks, we reach the outskirts of the woods.

"We are almost safe," I tell Arianna.
"Jalen, died for us. Why would he do that? I was nothing but horrible to him," Arianna cries.
"He died because he believed in the future that you would create, no matter what happens don't let the deaths go to waste," I stroke her cheeks.
"Everybody expects so much from me. I don't want people to die for me," she says.
"We'll be safe and sound soon," I say.

Looking over Arianna's shoulder, panic and adrenaline fuel me. My eyes widen and fear is written all over me.

"Arianna!" I shout. Forcefully I shove her to the ground and feel it enter me. Settling into my skin, so deep, puncturing my veins. I let out a yelp in pain as the spear finds it's target: my stomach. My breathing comes out ragged and hard. My back hits the ground first, the impact causes more blood to gush out. I've been stabbed many times but this is damaged beyond repair.

I won't live another day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note---

What on earth? I hate myself. Why would I do this? Am I stupid? Caleb is dying. HE IS NOT DEAD YET.

But what is going to happen?
Stay tuned.
Amina
Vote and comment