Chapter 16

The sun persists in dragging me into a day I have been dreading for weeks. I woke up today before sunrise and watched the colours fill the sky. The little things that make life worth living.

Caleb told me that I would have to choose an insurgent group. There are 5 to choose from: the first is medical examinar which I ruled out instantly because blood makes me vomit. Next was weapons of mass destruction which I ruled out because I feel uncomfortable in my weapon murdering lots of civilians. Also, there was culinary but I can't cook instead I would poison people. Next, was labour which involved repairing, building and construction. Finally, there was physical combat which is the lesser of four evils. Evidently I picked combat because it requires less work and I can throw knives.

Today I have to start work. Scowling I change into the uniform Caleb had sent me. Usually, I get by and do what I want because no one messes with the Princess and mostly because of the stunt I pulled in the cafeteria. After, brushing my teeth and pulling my hair into a high ponytail, I linger in the halls and make my way to the dining room.

Frowning I stumble into the dining room and keep my head down. Grabbing a tray I shove random foods onto a plate and slap the plate carelessly onto the tray dropping half the content on the floor. I find a seat on a desolate table in the back corner and I nibble at pieces of the bread. After a minute I give up eating and attempt to get up and leave. However my table became overcrowded by Caleb and his friends.

"Good morning!" Caleb says grinning.
"Morning," I say hostilely.
"Why so sullen!" a man I recognise as Troy asks. I return his statement with a glare which only makes all the guys laugh.
"Well I don't talk to strangers so I am just going to go," I state. I begin to get up and leave when a man, Jalen, puts his leg in the way. I scowl and turn around. Caleb puts his leg in the way.
"Traitor," I mutter so only he can hear.

Unfortunately I am forced to sit back down surrounded by these dogs who eat like they have never seen food before.
"So Princess what did you pick? Culinary," Jalen sasses.
"Physical combat," I mutter.
"You! Combat," everyone laughs at me.

I feel fury entering me.
"What's wrong with that?" I ask sternly.
"You can't fight," Jalen laughs.
Rage begins to overtake me and I think Caleb seems to notice so he squeezes my hand. That little squeeze would have been enough but seeing Jalen smirking looking like he has won pushes me over the edge.

Without thinking twice I yank the knife out of my boot and fling it across the room. It lands with accuracy in the centre of a picture. More importantly it lands on Jalen's face in the picture. The whole room goes pin drop silent and I swear I can't hear anyone breathing.
"Next time it won't be the picture," I spit furiously at Jalen, whose facial expression is almost comical. I kick his leg so hard that he is forced to move it. With my head help high I place my precious knife back into my boot and walk out without a second look back.

I don't know where to go so I just keep walking, taking necessery turns here and there. Eventually there is no where to go besides a big white door. Carelessly I step inside and I am in awe. Beautiful flowers surround me and instantly I know this is the greenhouse. Red, yellow, pink, green, blue colours engulf me in a torrent of happiness. Pleasent fragrances fly up my nose tingling my lungs. The rustling of leaves beat in my ear drum.

A vague memory pops into my head. When I had my real parents (when all was perfect) we owned a greenhouse and I remember everyday my father and I would dance in the greenhouse. I loved him so much before he went and burnt it all down.

Unconsiously I am dancing. Spiralling through the leaves as elegently as a ballerina. Poised on my toes ready for flight when an unexpected voice causes me to fall to the ground.

"You dance well," Caleb's voice says. Mortified I look away so he can't see me blush.
"Well my dancing wasn't for you to see," I say bitterly.
"Cheer up, Princess," he strokes my cheek.
"Why does everyone call me Princess? I have a name," I grunt.
"Eventhough I loathe the royal family; you will always be my true princess," he smiles and I give him a weird look.
"So can I have this dance?" he asks.
"No," I blatantly refuse.
"Can I have this dance?" he repeats.
"No,"
"Can I have this dance?"
"Yes," I finally say. Maybe he always knew I would say yes which is way he kept repeating the question. Maybe he had faith in me.
"The truth is I can't dance," he states.
"I'll show you," I giggle.

All of a sudden music fills the greenhouse. Wow, this greenhouse has speakers; it is perfect.

I extend my hand and Caleb interlocks his fingers and we let the music be our guide.

Take my hand,
Take a breath
Pull me close and take one step Keep your eyes locked on mine, And let the music be your guide

Won't you promise me (now won't you promise me, that you'll never forget)
We'll keep dancing (to keep dancing) wherever we go next

It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)

Take my hand,
I'll take the lead
And every turn will be safe with me
Don't be afraid, afraid to fall
You know I'll catch you threw it all

And you can't keep us apart (even a thousand miles, can't keep us apart)
Cause my heart is (cause my heart is) wherever you are

It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance) Can I have this dance

Oh no mountains too high enough, oceans too wide '
Cause together or not, our dance won't stop
Let it rain, let it pour What we have is worth fighting for
You know I believe, that we were meant to be

It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you (like you)
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do (way we do)
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance) Can I have this dance Can I have this dance Can I have this dance.

Lost in his eyes, I seem to be in a trance. I only stare into his eyes which seem to give me power. His eyes are not looking into mine instead his eyes frantically search my lips. He leans down close and I seem to be leaning upwards. My hands move from his chest to behind his neck.
Suddenly an alarm rings signalling it is time for our chosen group. It wakes me from my trance and I rush out.

Oh my goodness! What just happened? Did we almost kiss? My mind throughs lots of questions at me. This can't happen. He kidnapped me and I am a royal. He is my enemy and I should hate him. Why don't I hate him? Most importantly would I have kissed him?

Authors Note
Omg they had romance.
This is such a long chapter in honour of my 15th birthday (15/04/2016)
Hope you like it.
VOTE PLEASE
COMMENT PLEASE.

Song - Can I Have This Dance? High school Musical 3
Zac Efron & Vanessa Hughens

Hope your day is amazing!!
Amina
15Princess04

Vote
Comment
Please!