Chapter 27

"No, this isn't possible," my voice shakes as I feel every pair of eyes on me. Eyes of hatred, eyes of vengence and eyes of tortured souls that know even hell won't make them endure so much. This is impossible but do I have so much blind trust in my parents. My mother, who cared more about posture, and my father, who buried himself in work. Maybe I trusted them wholeheartedly because I had no one else.

But I can't overlook the gory images that my eyes capture or the dying sounds my ears pick up. Right before my eyes, for the first time, I am seeing the serum. The rumours about it were cruel and ruthless but most of them were true.

Right before my eyes I see people; scattered in groups. The first group of those who have less will - power to withhold the serum and who have succumb to it. These are the people who are living fairly regular lives. But here's the catch: say a royal or guard tells them to do something like murder or kill, they don't have the power to refuse. The power the royals have over these people, who are puppets on a string, is unbelievable.

The next group of people are those who are fighting the serum. These people in particular look the most torture despite not having any physical damage. They look mentally strained like trying to stop falling after jumping out of a plane.  These people curse in bitter voices and do things that could pass them off as insane.

The final group of people are those who have already fought the serum. These people in particular have been physically abused, the red whip lines on their arms give it away. But they don't stop trying to get justice.

But these people are people. How can their live like this? How can anyone live like this?

"Princess," the strained voice of a man not more than twenty croaks.
"Yes," my feeble voice murmurs.
"Will you help us? Will you fight with us Arianna?" a tear slips out of his eyes and travels down his grimy face.

My eyes dart from the dying people to Caleb's waiting expression to Jalen and Troy and finally to the people again.

"Yes, I will fight with you. I will fight for you. I promise that I will and when the white wine bitter sunlight comes out tommorow, you will have no reason to fear." I am surprised with how strong my voice comes out but then I am speaking from the heart.

Tommorow when the bleeding sun comes alive... Everything will change.

----------------------------------------------------

Omg I just can't contain. The most waited for chapter.
Please put down your conments. I want to know...

Vote please please please please.