Chapter 22

Rushing through my room, I trip over clothes and objects on the floor. I am only hours away from my date with Caleb and I am already experiencing butterflies. I decide on a modest but flattering royal blue dress to match my eyes. Caleb hasn't told me where we are going so I try to dress my outfit down. I curl the ends of my hair and 5 strand braid a section back. I add flat shoes to my feet and my daisy necklace for luck. Quickly I put on some natural make up and sit down knawing at my nails until Caleb comes.

An hour later, I hear a knock at the door. Frantically I straighten my dress and adjust my hair. I open the door wide and smile at the beautiful green eyed boy. He looks so handsome. He hasn't dressed up or dressed down, somewhere in the middle and he looks so radiant. I notice him staring at me with his lips slightly parted. This makes me blush crimson.

"You look amazing!" Caleb compliments.
"Thanks, you look good too," I say.
"Can I come in? I need to tell you something."

I open the door wide and sit on a chair meanwhile Caleb sits vigilantly on a chair.
"What's the matter?" I ask slightly worried.
"I was at a senate meeting this morning," he pauses to let me process the information.
"Well, we were discussing you, the senates think there has been too much child's play."

"What do you mean?" I ask perplexed.

"You're not training anymore. We're going to show you the serum. The effects of the serum and torture of it. Then we are going to overthrow the royals," Caleb reveals to me.

"The serum does us good and no way am I going against my family. I won't let you hurt them. I am the princess and I like you alot Caleb but I know where my loyalties lie," I defend myself.

"I am going to show you the serum and we will see if you change your mind," Caleb proposes.

"Fine!" I agree, "Are we going on a date then or not? You have spoilt my mood."
"You just said you like me alot," Caleb suddenly realises.
"No I didn't," I blurt.
"Yes you did,"
"No I didn't,"
"It's ok, no one can resist me sweetheart," Caleb says cockily.

I roll my eyes and wonder. What would it have been like if my mother hadn't died? Correction been murdered. I probably would have a boyfriend but I wouldn't have met Caleb; I don't believe in true love. But what I feel for Caleb is close enough. My hope for true love shattered during those years of torture. It is impossible to love someone blindly. All love ever does is break, burn and end so why bothered?

I snap out of my thoughts to realise that I am staring right at Caleb's body.
"Checking me out?" he questions arrogantly.
"Shut up," I reply, "where are we going?"
"For me to know and you to find out."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mouth gawps in awe at the pristine scenery. Lucious green grass surrounds me and clear blue skies hover above me. Two pink cherry blossoms tower over a perfectly set up picnic and my name is carved into the cherry blossom.

"Caleb..." I exclaim.
"I hope you like it," he murmurs into me.
"I love it," I let out.

Caleb leads me to the picnic and I take a seat on the picnic blanket. He joins me and sits himself opposite to me. I lock eyes with him and for a second it is just me and Caleb in the world. His green eyes seem to stare into my soul and decode my heart. They are a lot of demons and serpents in there but I know, with Caleb, I can slay them.

I snap out of my daze and begin to help myself to the food. After 15 minutes, Caleb and I have finished eating. I take the knife from my boot and lean over to the tree with my name on. Underneath I carve Caleb and put a heart around our names. Caleb looks at me confused then he realises what I have written.

"You're a girl in a million," Caleb says.
"But there are a billion people in the world," I say pouting.
"Fine, you are a girl in a billion," he says tapping my cheek.

"What is it like being royal?" Caleb asks.
"It's fun, relaxing amd annoying," I say truthfully.
"What is the King like? Everyone knows him as cold hearted,"
"He is my dad and I care about him. But he would have hung you by know - treason and being close to me without asking him."
"I'll take my chances," Caleb says.

Shuffling closer to me Caleb interlocks our fingers and I feel sparks fly. I wonder if he can feel them. All of a sudden Caleb leans closer to me and I seem to be leaning closer to him. Eventually our lips lock onto each others and fit like two pieces of a puzzle. Cannons explode inside me and I feel Caleb's warm hands on my waistline. Just as he begins to deepen the kiss, I abruptly pull away.
True love doesn't exist. All love ever does is break and burn.

"I am sorry, I can't," I say running away from Caleb. I let the tears pour when I am out of sight. Why?

A/N: Vote and Comment