Chapter 12

I begin panicking. My heart races rapidly and my breathing becomes irregular. My knees start shivering and frantically I try to stop my legs from moving but my efforts were in vain. Suddenly I am not scared but mad.

"Why the hell would you bring me here?" I shriek.
"Do you trust me?" he asks. Do I still trust him? I want to say no but I end up saying the opposite.
"With my life," I mutter.

He pulls me into what looked like an abandon house.
"This is our base," Caleb whispers. Little did I know what I would encounter.

Inside the building, there are a group of people huddled round a desk. As soon as they spot Caleb they drop their work to greet him and hug him. However, the second they see me their shoot dreadful glares and start loading their weapons. Now I am really scared.

"What is she doing here?" a dark haired girl questions.
"She is going to help us," Caleb responds.
"Please, she looks so damn pathetic." The dark haired girl rolls her eyes which makes all the group laugh at me.
Oh she shouldn't have done that.
"The pathetic person here is you!" I shout. She looks taken aback then glares at me.
"I will make you pay," she threatens.
"Fine, I am a princess I have the money," I smirk.

Caleb drags me away from the group and leads me into a private room. He runs his fingers through his hair and sighs.
"Messing with Mia is probably not a good idea," he tells me.
"She called me pathetic first," I say childishly.
"Forget it, lets start the tour," he ends the conversation.

We walk through lots of halls. I have learnt that the Insurgents are split up into 5 groups. Caleb is the leader of this group which means he can do whatever he wants and what he wants is my help to bring down the serum. But I am not going to betray my parents.

We walk through long hallways which I realise are the dorms where people sleep. Then we go to weapon combat, which is empty, it is a huge room in which you can practice using weapons. After, we go to the dining room, meeting room, physical combat, games room and swimming room.

"I will take you to your room," Caleb says indifferently.
"Caleb, are you okay? You seem different," I ask.
"I am fine," he grumbles.

Caleb holds my hand tight and leads me to a beautiful, teal and white room. It has a pristine chandeliars and magnificient decor.
"I am next door if you need me," Caleb says and walks out.

To pass time I organise all the clothes already ironed and hung up in the wardrobe for me. I colour organise them and admire each outfit. I decide to change my outfit and put something a bit more dressier on. Tonight I will meet all the Insurgents and I want to make a good impression.

I find a scarlet dress which I pair with black heels and black leggings because the dress looks dangerously revealing. I braid my hair back and add a bracelet to my wrist. If only I had my tiara. If only I didn't get ensnared in this mess.