Chapter 19

As evening draws the nurses decide to discharge me from the infirmary. Although all my bones and limbs are intact, I feel an agonizing throb in my left foot. The nurses offered me crutches however I instantly declined. If Mia sees me I want her to know that I am fine and she didn't hurt me.

Limping I hobble out the hospital bed. I perch myself in an arm chair and wait for Caleb to help me to my room. Honestly every limb in my body aches and I feel like ripping Mia to shreds. No one has dared to hurt me for the last 5 years and she pained the Princess. Technically if ever get back to the castle I could charge her with espinoge and have her killed.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and spin around. Smiling I prop myself up and stand up. A grinning Caleb, who is wearing a black suit, is holding a bunch of red roses.
"For the bravest girl ever," he says handing me the roses.
"Thank you, but I am not brave," I roll my eyes.
"I have never met anyone more braver than you and I know lots of people," he moves a piece of my hair and tucks it behind my ear. Caleb carries my medication and the roses for me, he swiftly wraps an arm around my waist to support me. How did he know I had trouble walking?
"I saw you limping from across the hall," he answers my subconcious question.

After 15 minutes of walking, crawling, grunting, wincing and agonizing pain I make it to my room. I sprawl myself all over my freshly washed bed and take in the lavender scent. The scent reminds me of home and my mother. I miss being a princess. I miss the crown. I miss the servants. I miss my friends. I miss the balls. Heck I even miss the horrible tight dresses.

I feel tears threatening to pour out of my eyes. Crying is a weakness. You are not weak. Quickly I swallow the lump in my throat and blink back my tears. I turn my attention towards Caleb, who is holding a paper. My paper.

"Pass me that! Right now!" I demand.
"Now what have we here?" he asks sarcastically.
"Don't read it!" I shout.
"What is it?"
"Nothing!"
"Tell me or I'll read it,"
"Don't threaten me, Caleb!"

He begins unfolding the fold that covers the words.

"Fine, fine! My mother told me when I just arrived at the castle that missing people is hard and it makes it easier if you write down who you miss and why." I explain.
"Who were you missing from the orphanage?" he interrogates.
"Uhhhh errmmmm you," I admit.
I notice something in his green eyes light up but he supresses it.

Carefully he hands the paper to me. Taking a glance down I see the milky white paper that helps me get past missing people.

"Caleb, you can look," I decide feeling that I truly trust him.

He unfolds the paper.

Mother - she makes me watch my posture and work hard but she never lets anyone hurt me. EVER

Father - I am the apple of his eye. He lets me do whatever I want and gets me out of problems.

Mummy - I would be a normal happy teenager if she didn't leave me.

Selena - New Romantics came out and I had no one to sing it with.

Sam - She makes me laugh so hard and she stands up for me.

Caleb's green eyes dart down the rest of the paper, taking this new information and processing it however he wants to. Subtly his eyes land on the last name of the list.

Caleb - He didn't entertain me in the infirmary; it was so boring.

Harmonizingly he laughs which fills my insides with happiness. His outstretched lips cause a slight crease in his cheeks. A couple of unnoticed dimples make an appearence (which are adorable). His eyebrows slightly furrow and his jawline is perfect.

A funny feeling courses through my veins. Puzzled I can't seem to figure out this feeling; a mixture of friendship and something stronger than that. Something that makes me want to be next to him forever. Something that makes me happy. Something that makes me feel that I would rather spend one day with him than a thousand without him.

Suddenly it hits me like an axe in the back. The books and movies describe it as enchanting, perfect and wonder striking. In reality it feels scary, painful and like a struggle. In silent nights and wildest dreams, I could have never anticipated this. Never have I felt anything even close to this. I am a caged animal and when I finally got freedom; I drove off the road.

I like Caleb Windsor. My enemy. My demon. My kidnapper. My friend. My love. He is the moon and I'm the sun - we're both vital but we're better apart.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed. Vote and Comment. Please.