Chapter 32

The truck comes to a sudden halt which jolts me out of my slumber, leaving me with an extreme anticipation of pain. Tenderly I move my limbs slowly and try to look less derranged. In the process of this the truck door opens. To my dismayal, it is just a soldier who has come to collect me - I was expecting my father, who I would love to punch.

Roughly he locks his paw-like hands around my nimble wrists and yanks me upward. A tingling pain corses through me. I let out a yelp. Turning a blind eye the soldier pulls me out the van and drag me to a place. A place that was my haven. A place that was once home. A place which is now a prison holding me captive in it's clutches. The castle.

The delicate beginning rush that I felt when I was first adopted seeps back in. The feeling that you know so much without knowing anything at all. No matter how hard I try, I can't hate this place because home is where the heart is. My breathe hitches in my throat.

Lost in my thoughts, I don't even realise that I am inside the castle, aproaching the throne room. I should feel something but I don't except numbness.

Swiftly the door opens and I am thrown to the ground.
"Ralph, I don't know if my message was lost in translation but I asked that she would not be harmed. My poor baby has clearly been tortured," the posh voice of my mother rings.

Something inside me ignites, she's not on my side. She never was. She never will be.

"Arianna darling, how are you?" she caresses my cheek.
"Get off me!" I grunt.
"Arianna, that is not how a lady of your status should be talking. Care to tell mamma dearest where you've been. I've heard you've been with that wanted criminal Caleb Hart," she patronises.

"I'll kill you, him and everyone," I shriek.
"You! You're just a girl. A naïve, stupid girl," she says harshly.
"You stand for nothing. You let father walk all over you. Abuse you. Use you. We'll help mother please," I say truthfully.

All of a sudden I feel a searing sting on the side of my cheek. Red marks appear in the shape of a hand and I have to blink back the tears.

"You think you know everything but you don't. I can't even stand to look at you," she says with malice laced with venom, "Guard."

Moments later I am hurled away from my mother and restrained. I know exactly where I am being guided to. I remember playing there when I was young. The dungeon. As I pass my room, I peer down the hall; I spot someone so unexpected that it makes me stumble back a few paces. Selena. She catches my eye for a moment and I give her a glance that is nothing more than a cry for help.

To be honest I don't know if she'll help me. It seems all the people that I once loved have turned their backs on me and all the new people who have entered my heart are all dead. Somehow I fit into the middle of all this chaos and no one understands how it feels. Like everyone is playing tug of war with my heart.

Crashing into the dungeon, the gate slams locked and there is nothing but morbid atmosphere, scurrying spiders and the rhythematic beating of my heart.

A/N - Sorry for the late chapter. Thanks for understanding and being supportive readers.

Be sure to check out my other stories.

Vote and comment
Love you till the sun dies.