18

Julie is humming the song from the symphony as they open the door to their hotel suite. It's nice to have a boyfriend that owns a hotel chain, Julie decides. They get the most amazing rooms. She goes to the window and opens the door to the balcony. Going out she hadn't even looked around the room and so hadn't noticed Aaron waiting for them.

Several minutes later Adam comes out and pulls her into his arms. "I have to leave for a bit. Aaron is going to stay with you until I get back. He's doing this as a switch so we don't have to leave so early in the morning. We'll meet at the school at nine tomorrow so he can check you out and deal with any problems."

Julie looks at him in shock, "But where are you going?"

Adam looks down at her, she can feel his anger and shivers. "Someone dares to threaten a hostile takeover of the business that Arthur is in charge of. I have to deal with the problem and then I'll be back. It shouldn't take more than an hour."

"Oh, okay." Julie says, she thought they could continue the kissing lessons now, but she'll just have to wait unless she gets Aaron to...

"I will do the teaching, Julie. Please don't ask Aaron to teach you." He's not sure that he wouldn't kill Aaron if he did teach her.

"I won't, not if it means that much to you."

"It does, I'll give you another lesson when I get back. Feel free to order room service if you're hungry."

"I will, actually, I'm starved." They missed dinner because they had such a late lunch. "But what about you?"

"I'll find someone to drink from, perhaps the bastard that dares to challenge my brother."

"Be careful Adam," Julie says softly.

"I will, Aaron will take good care of you," Adam tells her softly before kissing her goodbye.

'I know,' Julie tells him in her mind.

"Julie?" Aaron says coming out to stand by her.

"Hi, Aaron. Did you have a good day after finishing at my parents house?"

"Yeah, and I found the perfect cabinet for your dishes. Adam says you bought another set of china today?" Aaron pulls her into his arms when she starts shivering from the cool night breeze.

"Yeah, did you know he was going to buy me a car?" Julie demands to know.

"Yes, or at least I suspected he would. He doesn't think much of your little Prius."

"He bought me a Mercedes, but it's stick and I'll need to learn how to drive that."

Aaron looks down at her, amused at her tone. "Tomorrow after you are finished checking out from school I'll take you driving if you wish."

"You would? You would risk your car getting ruined by me?"

"I highly doubt that there is anything you could do to my car to ruin it. But to answer your question, yes."

"Good, they told me it would be more than a week for my car to be ready then they are giving it a custom paint job before we can pick it up. I need to be able to drive it by then."

"Love, there is no way in hell Adam is going to let you drive your brand new car in this city. Not until he's sure that you can handle a stick shift in heavy traffic. He might, might let you bring the Prius here, but it's doubtful. 

"He did mention that you ran into your friend at the dealership?"

"Yes, she is the mate to one of the alpha's near here." At her words Aaron stiffens up. "They are coming over for dinner Sunday and I expect all of you to be on your best behavior."

"Or what, Jules?" Aaron says angrily.

Julie fights herself free of Aaron's arms and runs into the suite. Aaron swears and follows her inside. "Julie?"

Aaron knocks on the door to her room. He hadn't expected Julie to be able to run that fast. She actually ran as fast as him. She managed to lock the door in his face. "Julie, come on, let me in."

Julie doesn't answer him she takes off the clothes and jewelry she had enjoyed wearing, although she'd never admit it to Adam. She gets dressed in one of the less revealing night gowns she or rather Adam purchased for her. All the time ignoring the knocking on her door.

"Julie, please? Forgive me, we'll be on our best behavior, I promise." Aaron is worried. If Adam comes back and finds Julie locked in her room because of him, Adam will kill him.

"Please, come here and I'll order room service for you. We can watch a movie or talk until Adam gets back."

"Why are the vampires so against the werewolves?" Julie demands before she opens the door.

"We have a love hate relationship, you could say we're like frenemies. The wolves think that they should be in charge of the supernaturals, but when they were there was complete chaos. They are too temperamental. Vampires are more cool, I'm not saying we don't lose control, because we do, especially when it comes to blood or sex, but we don't taunt as easily.

"The wolves didn't like it when we vampires had enough of their inability and took control. They haven't forgiven us yet, but at times we are allies."

"Mike said that there is a large group of rogues and they've taken out many of the packs. He asked Adam for help."

"What?" Aaron is stunned. So stunned that he didn't notice Julie opening the door until she stood directly in front of him.

"I said that Mike asked for help against the rogues. Apparently they are threatening to reveal the supernatural beings to the humans."

"Mike Towsend, the alpha of the Silver Ledge Pack?"

"Mike Towsend alpha, but I don't know which pack." Julie shrugs.

"That's the one that will be coming over on Sunday?"

"Yeah, is that a problem?" Julie says starting to sound upset again and she looks at him with eyes narrowed in anger.

"No, things must be bad if he's asking for help. He's alpha of the largest pack in this part of the States."

"He's the mate of my friend Margo so you will treat him with respect. You'll treat them both with respect."

"Yes, Julie. I'm sorry that I acted like that earlier. Now will you come out so that we can order food and whatever you want?" If it was up to him Aaron would be teaching her those lessons Adam didn't get too.

"Could we talk? I don't know anything about you guys except that you are vampires and that Adam has a great deal of patience with me."

Aaron looks at Julie in wonder. Adam doesn't have patience with anyone.

"Sure, we'll talk about whatever you want. What would you like for dinner?" Only then does Aaron realize what she is wearing. Hell this is going to be a long night. He hopes Adam gets back sooner rather than later.