27

Aiden takes her to the city, once there he asks if she is hungry and when she doesn't answer sighs. He takes her to a cafe. "Either you get out on your own or I will drag you out. The choice is yours. If you make this difficult then I won't bother having your car brought back to the house. The choice is yours."

Julie gets out of the car but won't look at him or speak. She had rather liked Aiden before today, but now she is really thinking that she doesn't. She turns away to keep the tears from falling.

Aiden flinches at her thoughts but doesn't let it show. He does like her, that's why he's doing this.

Once they are seated Aiden orders for them both since she's still not talking.

"He's hurting, Jules. Please, you need to give him another chance."

"Why is it that I'm the only one that is expected to compromise here? I had to compromise on my clothes and car. I had to compromise on my freedom. Yes, you all have given me a lot. But I never once asked for any of it. As a matter of fact on many occasions I repeatedly asked for you all to not buy me stuff.

"I had no choice but to accept Travony's gift. That's what I was told. I have no choice with the gifts you all give me. I have no choice. The one time I request something and I'm told to deal with it and suck it up because you don't have time. Well now you won't have to worry about having time.

"You know what keep the fucking car." Julie gets up and walks out of the cafe. All Aiden can do is watch her walk away.

'Adam she walked away from me. I don't think she's planning on going back to the estate at all.'

'No.' Aiden doesn't like the pain he feels in that one word Adam sends out in reply.

Aiden had known that it was a mistake putting that much money in her account, but Adam refused to listen to him when he tried to tell him. But not even he thought that she would leave over that. 

But after listening to her he understands. It wasn't just about the money. She felt that she had no control over her life now. Even less than when she was with her parents. They aren't helping her to soar, they are keeping her tied down just as much as her parents just in a different way.

Julie is crying so much that she can barely see in front of her. "Pardon me." She says as she bumps into someone.

"Miss Julie?" She hears a male voice say. "You better stop crying or you're going to get someone killed." The male says starting to sound a little anxious. She finds a handkerchief in her hands and uses it to clean up her face.

"What? How?" The person she thought was being thoughtful but that's the last thing she thinks before falling unconscious. She wonders why she's smelling trash all of a sudden as the darkness envelops her.

The man is careful to keep her upright until they get to his vehicle. This was far easier than he had thought it would be. He wonders how come her protectors that are always present weren't this time.

A man watches the whole thing. He's too far away to stop the man but he takes out his phone and makes a call. "Demarco, Townsend here. I just saw one of those damn rogues take your woman. I was too far away to stop it. I'm sending you some photos, I hope that they can help. I'd follow but they are in a vehicle now and I'm too far away from mine."

"Thank you Townsend. Any help you are able to give me is appreciated." Adam hangs up the phone absolutely sick. She's gone.

He pulls up the photos Mike sent him and finds a license plate. He has his police contact run the plates. They are registered to a man that lives in the town about twenty minutes from Julie's hometown.

He sends his vampires there to greet the man when he shows up.

Then he calls his brothers and tells them what happened and they all agree to meet and head over to the man's address.

Adam's eyes flash fire. That man dared to touch what was his. Now he will learn why you don't mess with him. He's been rather soft lately, it's time for another lesson on why they should fear him.

Adam smiles darkly.

He feels the need to destroy and he knows just who he'll be destroying first. He hopes that the whole filthy pack of rogues is there.

Soon he is at the meeting place and waiting for his  brothers to show up.

Within an hour of her abduction Adam and the others are on their way to set her free. They just don't know what condition they'll find her in or just how free she'll want to be.

To Adam it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is if she is safe and out of the rogues hands. If she wants to leave the estate he'll help her get an apartment and let her have her freedom. But first he has to get her safe.

Aiden feels sick. This is his fault. He brought her to the city and then let her walk out of the cafe. If he had gone with her then she wouldn't be captured by those damned rogues.

"It's not your fault Aiden. You did your best to calm her down. This is my fuck up. There was no way of knowing that the rogues were looking for her. They might have been following her, looking for a chance to take her. If that is the case, he very easily might have attacked you to get to her."

"I appreciate that you are trying to make me feel better, but I let her walk out of the cafe alone. That is on me, no one else. It would have been better if he had attacked me. Then at least I would have fought back. I did nothing and now she's gone."

The six brothers remain silent after Aiden's words. They all know how they would feel if they were in his situation and they agree with him. 

"Let's go get her back." Arthur is the one that speaks out first.

The six nod and take off to the only lead they have. They just hope to hell that it isn't bogus.